Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have Polycom soundpoint ip331 voip phones, with no line/staus indicators functioning, although diagnostics show that the LED indicators are working properly.

Where in the sip.cfg file, are the settings, where this can be enabled?

I have done searches, looked at your guides, and I'm getting nowhere.

I don't understand, how a basic feature, is so hard to find. It's ridiculous, i have wasted 2hrs, looking for this crap.

Can someone pls. point out, where this feature is enabled in the sip.cfg file.

What's it called?????????????????????, how is it named?

info about the phone,

Phone Model SoundPoint IP 331 Part Number 2345-12365-001 Rev:B MAC Address   IP Address   UC Software Version 4.0.1.13681 BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello terra,

Using an old software like 4.0.1 and a term like sip.cfg makes me worried.

We have not used a sip.cfg and a phone1.cfg since SIP software 3.2.x and UC Software 4.0.1 is also ancient.

I recommend:

• Upgrade to UC Software 4.0.11 and BootROM 5.0.11
  • Setup a simple registration as explained => here <=

I just tested this running 4.0.11 on a SPIP331 and I get a green LED when I access my line.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello terra,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Do you mean BLF aka:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If yes a SPIP 331 cannot do this.

If not please provide more details what you are after and upgrade to UC Software 4.0.11 as this is the currently latest supported version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for getting back top me.

No it's not the BLF.

What I'm looking for, is the Green light that comes on, when you press a line key. Either Line 1, or Line 2.

I'm looking for it in the sip.cfg file, but I don't know how it's worded.

I've done searches, for the following "display, status, LED", and i can't locate where it is.

I'm sure it's just the wording about Line/Status indicators, but what is it.

I also had issues, with the persistent volume, but that was easy to locate, as the wording makes sense. I.E. Headseat/Handset Persistent Volume.

I know it in the sip.cfg file, as i tested on a phone that the line indicators were working, but after flashing a sip.cfg file, now there not lighting up.

This is ok, as it's my test phone, that i use to test upgrades, and configurations.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello terra,

Using an old software like 4.0.1 and a term like sip.cfg makes me worried.

We have not used a sip.cfg and a phone1.cfg since SIP software 3.2.x and UC Software 4.0.1 is also ancient.

I recommend:

• Upgrade to UC Software 4.0.11 and BootROM 5.0.11
  • Setup a simple registration as explained => here <=

I just tested this running 4.0.11 on a SPIP331 and I get a green LED when I access my line.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan

I will upgrade, as you recommend, and post back.

Thx

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan

I'm already running the latest:

Phone Model SoundPoint IP 331

Part Number 2345-12365-001 Rev:B

MAC Address  

IP Address  

UC Software Version 4.0.1.13681

BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553

What i did, is reset the phone to defaults, and then used a simple reg file, as you mentioned, I already had one setup, thx! for reminding me.

Were all good to go.

HP Recommended
Hello terra

The latest is 4.0.11 and you are using 4.0.1

I leave it up to you

Please consult the FAQ for update questions

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan

Does this look good below?

UC Software Version 4.0.11.0583 BootROM Software Version 5.0.11.0282

HP Recommended

Hello terra

yes

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan

Great!

Thx!, for all your help!

Phones are all good now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.