Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Storing a contact number with pause and #

Zan
Occasional Visitor

Storing a contact number with pause and #

I'd like to store a contact number with one or more pauses within it, as the call needs to be answered first and the IVR system requires a few seconds before being able to listen for the extension number.

Is it possible to store a contact number with pauses and the # key?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Storing a contact number with pause and #

Hello Zan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As an FAQ post for this functionality was missing I added a new one => here <=

Please let me know if this answers your question and provide some feedback so other users can profit from this post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 15
Zan
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

I'm not sure how the FAQ answers my question.

I'm on the Edit Contact screen, with focus on the Contact field, and the softkeys are "Save", "1/A/a" and "Cancel".

Are you proposing that I re-define the softkeys for the Edit Contact/Contact field?

If so, can you give me a bit more info on how to do that?

Regards,

Zan

Message 3 of 15
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Zan,

I may have not made myself clear enough.

The Current SIP / UCS Releases no longer have the ability described in older Admin Guide to add a pause to a speed dial to my knowledge.

You need to utilize the Softkey example given by me.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 15
George_Rindov
Occasional Visitor

It is August 2013 - is there an instruction on how to store a contact number with pause and # in Polycom SoundPoint IP550?

Message 5 of 15
SteffenBaierUK

Hello George,

Even in August 2013 the answer is still the same as given on my last reply.

Any change to the latest releases need to be requested via a feature request as explained in the faq. A work around has been already provided.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 15
meyerovb
Occasional Visitor

My IP450 is running 3.2.3, my hosted provider will not support a higher version than that.  How do I implement a pause in speed dial?

Message 7 of 15
SteffenBaierUK

Hello meyerovb,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already discussed in this and other topics there is currently no way to add a pause directly into a speed dial.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 8 of 15
meyerovb
Occasional Visitor

I get that, but is there some way to do a macro for it in my software version?
Message 9 of 15
SteffenBaierUK

Hello meyerovb,

the process is nearly the same as shown in the linked FAQ post.

Older outdated software like yours uses a different syntax to activate features. This is documented in the relevant matching Admin Guide.

For yourselves as an example SIP 3.2.2 Page 4 - 46:

You must make the the following changes to the <feature/> parameter that is defined in the sip.cfg configuration file:

<feature feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"/>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 10 of 15