Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi tech, I am having a strange issue. I configured the line keys as speed dials on IP 550 using mac-directory.xml file using provisioning server. Directory file downloaded by the phone and I can see the line keys as speed dials when I take preview from the web interface. But in real on phone screen there is nothing. Line keys are just blank. Please help me.

Phone Information Phone Model SoundPoint IP 550 Part Number 2345-12500-001 Rev:R MAC Address 00:04:F2:32:18:BB IP Address 10.10.0.193 UC Software Version 4.1.1.0260 BootROM Software Version 5.1.0.85063

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello muyousif,

have you yet had a chance to follow up this other post => here <= ?

The phone in question was sold back in January 2011 to the Ministry of Information & Technology in Canada and I assume you are running a SIP server and not LYNC.

In my last post above I recommended to use UCS 4.0.6

You have installed UCS 4.1.1 which is for LYNC only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

4.1.1 has this problem when you're using it in a normal SIP environment. I had the same experience, as it wasn't clearly marked that 4.1.1 was for LYNC only. I also found that if you went into the directory on the phone and edited an entry, and either saved or cancelled, it would then cause all the speed dial entries to appear on the screen properly. We rolled our phones back to 4.0.6 and the issue was resolved.

HP Recommended

Hello Squigley and all,

I am unsure how Polycom can make it more clear if there are any restrictions for a software release than posting that very information in the software release notes.

The UCS 4.1.1 release notes clearly state on page 5:

Polycom UC Software 4.1.1 is for use with Microsoft® LyncTM Server and using a single registered line only.

We cannot be held responsible if a user decides to not read this information or ignore it.

I did advise the original poster to use 4.0.6 but they decided to ignore this advise.

If bugs or issues are found in the field users need to report these in the correct manner or we are unable to action on these.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.