Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Strange noise from Polycom Trio 8800

Occasional Visitor

Strange noise from Polycom Trio 8800

Hello. We have recently purchased 8 or so of these devices and had a strange intermittent issue on at least 4 of them now.

Intermittently, when attempting an outbound call, the device will make a strange beep noise which cannot be stopped unless the device is rebooted.

I believe we’re running firmware 5.71.4145
Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Strange noise from Polycom Trio 8800

Worth pointing out we’re just using this as a conventional voip phone. No integration with anything!
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Strange noise from Polycom Trio 8800

Hi,

Please install a currently supported software version like 5.9.0

Replied via a mobile device

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3