Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Sudden is with 550 Time Flashing and Wrong

Occasional Visitor

Sudden is with 550 Time Flashing and Wrong

Greetings - I am  a software engineer, have enjoyed (as a spare time thing from two technical business) building a hosted VOIP setup with older Polycom devices. Setting up the correct files for the bios & config (there were memory constraints as best I could tell on some of the 500 series)... anyway

We control our phones via tftp, the only programmed on them is the tftp address.

Suddenly a couple of our 500 series have had difficulty, specifically, the Date/Time display is flashing and wrong. I have seen the other post, I changed the SIP config to override the host (although all our other phones don't have that issue)... still no positive effect.

I am assuming that (after reading the DHCP=1) that even with the config file specing out a server, that my hosted server is probably what is being used?? but why would two of the phones have this problem... each directly after a hard reboot?

Thanks - I look forward to seeing how the community works... 

Steve

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Sudden is with 550 Time Flashing and Wrong

Hello Steve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Jan 28, 2013 QuestionTime and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2