I'd really like to see a wireless SIP soundstation with a 'swiss army knife' of connectivity options - something like:
* That sits in a charging cradle / docking station / base (PoE) when not in use
* Can connect to it's base over bluetooth -> then connected to a wired network from the base
* Can connect to it's base over bluetooth -> then connected to a WIFI network from the base
* Can connect to mobile phones as a bluetooth device (so acts as a general speakerphone)
* Can connect directly via USB cable (both at the base or at the phone) to act as a general audio device for PCs (like for using with skype etc)
* A USB Bluetooth dongle for use with PCs as an audio device (for when a USB cable is not possible)
* Has a battery that is replaceable
IDK if this is the place to ask for features.....
our various product managers read the community post but I would suggest you work with a Polycom reseller to be brought in contact with a Polycom Sales Engineer.
This way they can set you up with a non disclosure agreement and potentially share future roadmaps with your and your organisation.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services