Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

phone-
model: soundpoint ip 601
assebley: 2345-11605-001 rev:b
s/n: 0004f2109a067
ip: 192.168.0.38
bootblock: 2.6.0(11605_001)
bootrom: 4.1.4.0122

application-
label: sip
version: 3.1.8.0070
p/n: 3150-11530-318
file: sip_318.ld

components: polydsp orion mem2 fs1
version: 1.3.11.0007

I use two Polycom Soundpoint IP 601 phones which I bought brand new 2 years ago and been working fine even though they now discontinued as a product.

I have just recently upgraded to sip version 3.18 which it did fine

I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer with regard to this legacy phone that I am happy with as serves its purpose for a two person situation.

1. Have I got all the latest upgrades on the phone based on the above settings?
2. Can I install music on hold and also call waiting music? if yes how can I go about doing this?
3. Is there any other features that can be installed on the phone

I hope you can assist
thanks Robert

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Robert James Hunter,

welcome to the Polycom Community. Your post originally ended up in the Spam section but I have now moved it.

A couple of things

• Polycom declared End of Sale for the SPIP601 back in 2008
  • End of Support for these phones was back in 2013

• The MAC address you provided 0004f2109a067 is 1 digit to long but suspicuosly matches nearly completely to this post => here <= aka 0004f2109a07

• Both your Macs if I change the last digit been sold 2006 so I am unsure how you can claim you purchased this Unit brand new 2 years ago.

• Both Emails used to register are GMAIL

• The latest Software Version per phone / hardware can be found in the FAQ => here <=

• Only the VVX Phone and Polycom Trio support their own MoH music

• Features are not installed on the phone they are simply activated. Please consult an Admin Guide for any follow up questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.