bootrom: 4.1.4.0122

application-
label: sip
version: 3.1.8.0070
p/n: 3150-11530-318
file: sip_318.ld

components: polydsp orion mem2 fs1
version: 1.3.11.0007

I use two Polycom Soundpoint IP 601 phones which I bought brand new 2 years ago and been working fine even though they now discontinued as a product.

I have just recently upgraded to sip version 3.18 which it did fine

I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer with regard to this legacy phone that I am happy with as serves its purpose for a two person situation.

1. Have I got all the latest upgrades on the phone based on the above settings?
2. Can I install music on hold and also call waiting music? if yes how can I go about doing this?
3. Is there any other features that can be installed on the phone

I hope you can assist
thanks Robert

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Suggestions for Legacy Phone

Hello @Robert James Hunter,

welcome to the Polycom Community. Your post originally ended up in the Spam section but I have now moved it.

A couple of things

• Polycom declared End of Sale for the SPIP601 back in 2008
  • End of Support for these phones was back in 2013

• The MAC address you provided 0004f2109a067 is 1 digit to long but suspicuosly matches nearly completely to this post => here <= aka 0004f2109a07

• Both your Macs if I change the last digit been sold 2006 so I am unsure how you can claim you purchased this Unit brand new 2 years ago.

• Both Emails used to register are GMAIL

• The latest Software Version per phone / hardware can be found in the FAQ => here <=

• Only the VVX Phone and Polycom Trio support their own MoH music

• Features are not installed on the phone they are simply activated. Please consult an Admin Guide for any follow up questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2