Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm having a problem that started on Jan1st. One of the employees accidently unplugged the power to her phone when she plugged the phone back in it went through the restart process and booted up. On the lcd screen the time and date is flashing. I know that means it cannot find the SNTP server. Now all the phones are flashing the time and date display. Here is what I found out so far.

I've done this on the asterisk server and also the boot server that the phones are connected to

1. service ntpd stop

2. ntpdate pool.ntp.org.

3. service ntpd start.

4. ntpstat

inside cfg file I changed the file name to 192.168.11.248 I saved the file rebooted the phone still blinking light. I only found this string tcpIpApp.sntp.address in the sip.cfg file under home under polycom. if I go on the phone

under menu

under status

under network

under TCP/IP Parameters

ip 192.168.11.212

dhcp enabled

subnet mask

ip gateway

SNTP Address 207.46.232.182

Where is it getting this address I've open up all cfg files I'm I missing something.

Is this hard coded in to the linux box if so is there a command to change the sntp address on the linux box. I feel I'm so close to getting this fixed. Thank You

This is log file from the respected files

This is from file 0004f21ef77e-boot.log

0101000018|app1 |3|00|   Phone IP address is 192.168.11.302. <

0101000018|app1 |3|00|   Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

0101000018|app1 |3|00|   Gateway address is 192.168.11.300.

0101000018|app1 |3|00|   Time server is 207.46.232.182.

0101000018|app1 |3|00|   GMT offset is 0 seconds.

0101000018|app1 |3|00|   DNS server is 192.168.11.307

Some of the number above have been changed for security the only number that is correct is the time server number

This is from file 0004f21ef77e-app-log

1231190000|so   |4|03|SNTP: initial soMain sync failed with server 207.46.232.182.

This issue is driving me crazy any suggestions would be greatly apperciated thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ThinkTech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A wireshark Trace would show you that the source of the SNTP IP Address is most likely the DHCP Server.

If you use the Parameters tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1" this value will be ignored and the provided SNTP from your configuration will be used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello ThinkTech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A wireshark Trace would show you that the source of the SNTP IP Address is most likely the DHCP Server.

If you use the Parameters tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1" this value will be ignored and the provided SNTP from your configuration will be used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so much that fixed my problem.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem happening with Polycom 335 phones.  Will this solution work for our phones as well?

HP Recommended

@Advantage,

this post fixed the original posters issue.

I have moved your post => here <= and will close this post for further replies as it is a fixed solution.

Please reply to the new post with some information.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.