Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

TRIO 8800 - SIP Credentials written to override file

Sean.Stanley66
Regular Advisor

TRIO 8800 - SIP Credentials written to override file

I recently setup some TRIO 8800s for use with Avaya and when logging the phones in via local phone UI or web UI, the credentials were written in plain text to the override folder on the provisioning server.

Is this expected?  Anyway to block the phone from writing the password in plain text?

I see "sec.encryption.upload.overrides" as an option, is that the only way to protect the password?

Software tested on:

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: TRIO 8800 - SIP Credentials written to override file

Hi Sean

Can you post your <mac>.cfg and part of you cfg or steps how to reproduce?

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Sean.Stanley66
Regular Advisor

Re: TRIO 8800 - SIP Credentials written to override file

Are you referring to the 000000000000.cfg?  I do not use specific <mac>.cfg files per phone...

I use the 000000000000.cfg and 2 config files created with custom properties.

The override file is shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP LeafDanube 5.4.3.2007 12-May-16 20:57 -->
<!-- Created 21-02-2017 15:02 -->
<!-- Base profile Generic -->
<WEB_CONFIG>
<OVERRIDES
video.codecPref.H261="7"
video.codecPref.H263="6"
video.codecPref.Xdata="5"
reg.1.displayName="Test Room"
reg.1.label="Byward Conference"
voIpProt.server.1.address="1.1.1.1"
voIpProt.server.1.port="5060"
reg.1.address="15555551234"
reg.1.auth.userId="15555551234"
reg.1.auth.password="15555551234"
/>
</WEB_CONFIG>

To recreate, you just need to login a line with an Avaya SIP user account on the TRIO phone via phone UI or web UI.

Then check the override file and the user, password, etc. will be displayed in plain text.  At least it is on my end.

Thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 3