Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Text Spacing Issue

FusionConnect
Occasional Contributor

Text Spacing Issue

I have a VVX 600 and color expansion module.  The phone is running firmware version 5.3.  For some reason the text on the expansion module is spaced incorrectly and is cutting names off in the middle of them.  See attached picture.  How can I correct this?

4 REPLIES 4
FusionConnect
Occasional Contributor

Re: Text Spacing Issue

I tried upgrading the phone to 5.3.1 yesterday as I saw in the release notes that it could fix an issue with the BLF display but it did not correct the issue.  Here is what I saw in the release notes:

Busy Lamp Field
VOIP - 101404
A problem was resolved that caused the Busy Lamp Field (BLF) to display incorrectly

Message 2 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello

This all depends on the letters used in the names as there is no dynamic don't. The letters do not have the same width and at some point the behaviour you experience is seen.

If you are not satisfied by this I can only ask you to work with your Polycom reseller.

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 5
FusionConnect
Occasional Contributor

The spacing changed between 5.2.2 and 5.3.  When I revert my phone to 5.2.2 it correctly spaces longer names between the first and last name, but on 5.3 and 5.4 it cuts the names in half

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello

You did not provide that detail prior to posting.

I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller so they can open a case with Polycom support.

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5