Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One of our Thnikpad L520 computers does not see any CX600 connected to it. Phone works on other computers, without issue, except this one.

- The phone does not apper in Device Manager

- I have tried removing all USB devices from device manager, forcing the computer to reinstall root hub, and controllers

- All other USB devices work fine

- Phone is directly connected, not via docking station or USB hub

- Phone is running 4.0.7577.4100

- Have tried connecting the phone while logged in as Admin, still nothing in Device Manager.

Does the CX600 put anything in registry that needs to be removed or?

Regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, but in the end the solution was to reinstall the Windows Laptop.

Regards

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Martin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A few questions:

• Does this specific CX600 work in other Thinkpad L520 PC's?
  • Do other USB devices work in this PC?
  • Have you tried running the PC of a UBUNTU Live DVD or other Linux Distro's to see if the USB Port detects the device there? It would not work as there are no drivers but at least you could exclude an electronic issue?
  • Has Lenovo support been contacted?

The last idea would be to re-install the operating system on the PC.

The Device clearly works as it works in other PC's as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

• Does this specific CX600 work in other Thinkpad L520 PC's?Yes
  • Do other USB devices work in this PC? Yes: "All other USB devices work fine"
  • Have you tried running the PC of a UBUNTU Live DVD or other Linux Distro's to see if the USB Port detects the device there? It would not work as there are no drivers but at least you could exclude an electronic issue? Not yet, I will give it a try
  • Has Lenovo support been contacted? Yes, but all other USB devices work fine, so they can't help me.

Since yesterday I have tried to upgrade the Chipset drivers for the machine, but that made no difference.

If I unplug and replug the phone about 10 times in a row, the computer sometimes pops up a "Driver not installed"/"Failed to install driver" but it is recognized as a CX600. When you unplug and replug the CX600 Device Manager does a refresh. This leads me to believe that it's something to do with the driver of the device, or something in the registry.

Please note that this worked about 2 weeks ago, but then suddenly stopped working.

Regards

Martin

HP Recommended

Hello Martin,

The driver (LYNC Client) and the Software on the phone is provided by Microsoft so it may be worth speaking to them in order to get some clarification.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, but in the end the solution was to reinstall the Windows Laptop.

Regards

Martin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.