Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey everyone,

When I hook a soundpoint up to my verizon fios connection (actiontek modem/router) the time on the handset always displays as GMT. I've changed the NTP time on the router as well as in the phone's config file. I've also tried to manually set it (and change gmt offset) in the phone itself, but it's always the same. I know this has happened with multiple phones at multiple locations. I've tried it with a 501 and 550 and have the same results with both.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

As a note: I was able to bridge the modem/router to a Linksys WRT54g running a DD-WRT firmware, and the time was correct there. This however is not a preferable solution as it breaks a lot of things in the fios setup (TV and phone, if I had that)

HP Recommended

Hello brendan1122,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is most likely caused by the DHCP Server in your Network not sending the correct NTP Values to the Phone.

Once you changed your configuration (as described in your 2nd reply) the Time was correct.

I would suggest you look into Provisioning of the Phones and use the tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP Parameter to override the DHCP SNTP Value and use a free NTP server like pool.ntp.org

Only a wireshark trace will proof this and you would need to work with your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support directly via PPI (pay per Incident) if you need further advise. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Do you have a special service to use the soundpoint with Verizon fios? I have two soundpoints (one is a 430 and one is a 600 series) and just obtained fios.

HP Recommended

Try this: 

1. Reading this post : http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Time-always-GMT-on-fios-connectoin/m-p/9576 I went ahead and changed the SNTP server in my router to 0.pool.sntp.org
  2. I noticed in the logs my phone was showing GMT offset =0 Hence the wrong time.  No matter what I do in the settings
  3. I also noticed the phone was using my routers IP address as a Primary DNS.  
  4. Without any programming or config changes, I changed the IP of the phone to "Static" and manually inputted the IP and DNS information.... and voila!

It's working fine now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.