Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We have assisted one of out customers in setting up a VOIP server and 6 users on Polycom 335 phones.  We have updated to all the latest firmware.  All the features seem to be working with two exceptions:

One when a new call comes in, users already on voice calls can get "cross talk" from other existing VOIP conversations in the office.  We think we have corrected this by upgrading to a better quality cable modem and business class router but we have to give it some time.

The main concern the users have now is that if they are dialing out AND the outgoing call is not answered yet when a new call comes in, they get a "busy signal" for several seconds.  Multiple users have said it is not the "nice call waiting tone" you get if you are talking to someone when a call comes in.

Is there a different tone for call waiting when a call is not is session yet?

I should mention the lines are setup as 2 appearances of line 1 and the incoming calls ring on all 6 users phones.  This means the call waiting call is being moved to the line 2 key.  I don't know if that has something to do with it.

This was initially reported as a call lost issue.  But was later revised that if they stay on the line for "a couple of seconds" the outgoing ringing call is still there!

Any information on how to remove the notification would be great.

Thanks,

Sean Devoy

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Sean,

as mentioned in a previous reply to yourself it is always useful posting the currently used Software version as other users  may not know what version you are referring to.

The first issue mentioned in your above post is not related to the Polycom VoIP phones.

The second issue is a bit unclear as I am not aware if the caller or the called person hears this tone based on your description.

If this is about a call waiting tone for the called person already on another call there are already plenty of posts within the community which can be found utilizing the search facility.

As you seem to support your end customer in a professional manner I would suggest you seek support via your Polycom reseller or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, I should have mention thare phones are 335s running 4.0.3.75?? I don't have one with me this week.

as for the odd tone, say I am calling you, but you have not answered and someone else rings me. I hear a short tonal pattern described as a busy signal, not the nice call waiting signal.

i have tried a myriad of searches, but have not found the magic search phrase to produce any posts relating to this issue.  I would in fact rather find an answer in a minutes or than wait for responses.

i see you often refer users to their authorized dealer.  Oddly enough we find our best shopping results through Internet searches of sales sites.  Have you ever called one for support?

thanks for your input.

Sean

HP Recommended

Hello Sean,

the support procedure is standard and if the cheaper online retailer is unable to support you they should refer you to their reseller.

In addition you can always , within warranty, raise a Polycom Web Ticket but will not be able to contact support directly.

If outside warrenty a PPI fee may occur.

This is outlined within the community and the FAQ.

In order to troubleshoot your issue with our support team they will require the following:

• Wireshark trace of the Phone booting up until issue is reproduced (if reproducible) taken at the phone end !
  • Phone Configuration files
  • -app.log and -boot.log as a complete set (via Syslog or FTP server with append allowed)
  • SIP Server Details

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
So your response can be summarized as 'since you purchased our product online I am not even going to attempt to assist you!' That is not exactly the type of 'community forum' support I am accustomed to.

forgive me, but this is just one more reason to buy Cisco ip phones. We will certainly be telling our customers we do not support Polycom devices as getting support is too difficult.
HP Recommended

Hello Sean,

the Polycom Community is not a support Platform.

This is explained => here <=

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other. Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines. If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us.

Other companies have exactly the same model of support for end users.

The various FAQ post's created by myself should enable you or others to troubleshoot any basic issue but for real support the above outlined scenario is the one to follow up.

If another community member wants to help you with troubleshooting your issue they can of course do this.

As above replied by myself troubleshooting your issue requires various traces and logs and I am unable to provide this service within the community for yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Sean,

just as a final follow up and more detailed explanation.

All issues are tracked by our internal system which have no connectivity to the Polycom Community. Only if a issue is captured via this system we can escalate to the development team that eventually provide a fix if an issue is found.

Only a official Support Ticket either via Web or called in is added into this system.

For simple issues usually a Polycom reseller raises these for the end customer and acts as a liaison between our Tier 2 or Escalations teams.

I hope this clears up this misunderstanding and shows you the correct escalation path as explained in my last post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.