Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a employee who performed a format file system on an IP5000 phone.  I have no idea how to reload anything on this phone as Polycom is new to me.  Is there a quick / self help guide for reloading?  I currently have Vonage as my provider.

ughh...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @tom__w

apart that you would be downloading a software for LYNC as stated in the FAQ

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

Your steps are correct apart that you either need the split or combined but not both.

I would use the split as this is quicker, other than that your understanding is correct.

I am traveling at present and once I am back I will update the FAQ to make this even simpler.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @tom__w,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I setup the Vonage provisioning server on the phone setup.  But I still get application not found.  Do I need to reflash?

I also cannot get to the phones website.  Is that normal?

HP Recommended

Hello @tom__w,

Did you actually read the above FAQ?

• ...in order to return to a working state....

The above FAQ means there is no Web Interface when your phone is in this mode and it needs a local provisioning server.

Pointing it to your provider etc. is not a local provisioning server hosting the software to recover the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I started reading but didn't see 'local'.

Not sure if I should use split or combined.  How can I tell?

HP Recommended

Hi Tom,

have a closer look into the release notes of your downloaded Firmware. Everything is explained there. https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/Voice/business_media_phones/release...

Polycom recommends using the split ZIP file when possible for a shorter upgrade time. However, in some deployments, you need to download both the combined and split files. For example, deployments running a BootROM version prior to BootROM 4.0.0 require the combined file version. If you require both file versions, download both ZIP files, extract all the configuration files from the split version and extract the sip.ld file from the combined file version. All files other than sip.ld files are duplicated across the two ZIP file versions.

More info in the release notes.

HP Recommended

or within the VoIP FAQ:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

HP Recommended

Honestly, this is the only Polycom phone I have in the entire company.  I like it, but it is the only one and the time to figure it all out is somewhat counter-productive.

I am looking for a straight forward, consolidated, step by step process to reload this thing.

I have downloaded the UC split file 4.1.1 A.  But it looks like I need some other file, which is also to be unzipped into the same directory?  Where can I download that?

From what I can tell, the steps are:

* Download these 2 files (split and some other updater file)

* Unzip into the same directory

* Setup a ftp server with a user that defaults to that directory

* Configure that ftp server as the provision server on the phone

* Reboot the phone

* Once up and running, setup provsion server on phone for my VoIP provider

Is this about correct?

HP Recommended

Hi @tom__w

apart that you would be downloading a software for LYNC as stated in the FAQ

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

Your steps are correct apart that you either need the split or combined but not both.

I would use the split as this is quicker, other than that your understanding is correct.

I am traveling at present and once I am back I will update the FAQ to make this even simpler.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I was able to fix my phone!!

Thank you for your patience.  Sincerely appreciated.

Tom (NOOB)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.