Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am posting this query on both the Asterisk forum and the Polycom forum as I'm not sure where the issue actually lies -- and perhaps it is not even an issue but just normal behavior.  On the Polycom 33x phones when one wants to transfer a call, you press the transfer button, enter the number you want to transfer the call to and then you have to press dial in order for the second instance of the transfer button to appear.  Having to press that dial button to get the second appearance of the transfer button is not really intuitive.  I am wondering if I am missing something in the configuration of the Polycom phone or perhaps it is something in our dialplan that is waiting for more digits before displaying the transfer button again.  Every system I've ever worked with has exhibited the behavior of pressing transfer, dialing the number and then pressing the transfer button again.  However on the Polycom phone when you press the transfer button the first time and enter the number, the transfer softkey is not there until you press the dial button.  Again, not very intuitive.  Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello jreed,

it would help other users if you cross post the links to the relevant communitys.

In addition are you able to provide feedback on the BLF Post?

This is most likely the digitmap and without knowing what number range the internal extensions in your setup are we can only guess.

• Have you tried adding the range ?
  • Does the digit timer not timeout after 3 seconds ?
  • Have you made any changes to the digitmap ?

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello jreed,

it would help other users if you cross post the links to the relevant communitys.

In addition are you able to provide feedback on the BLF Post?

This is most likely the digitmap and without knowing what number range the internal extensions in your setup are we can only guess.

• Have you tried adding the range ?
  • Does the digit timer not timeout after 3 seconds ?
  • Have you made any changes to the digitmap ?

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Just guessing on above description and testing UCS 3.3.2:

Dial a Number or receive a call:

Transer_01.png

Press Transfer:

Transer_02.png

Dial the number to connect to:

Transer_03.png

3 seconds wait, now the digitmap matches [2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT  as I have dialed 3019.

Transer_04.png

Changing [2-9]xxx without the T will not wait 3 seconds and show the Transfer Button straight away.

NOTE: Please be aware that this affect the number Range starting with 2-9 and you wont be able to dial any numbers longer that 4 digits. There is a FAQ Post relating to the Digitmap that you can follow up.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.