Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm just getting our business up and running using VVX600 phones with UC 5.3 installed.

I'd like a way to have both consulative and blind transfer softkeys while being able to use the default prompt (with directory etc), rather than typing in the extension manually. A bonus would be the ability to use the exansion module keys for the transfer...

Is it possible for macros to simulate the long press required by 5.3 to bring up the context menu that allows you to switch between transfer types?

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Should have spell checked, EFK not EPK.

A Polycom knowledgebase solution appears to be KB19198, which doesn't work with speed dials set on VVX expansion modules or provide the default menu options.

HP Recommended

I just want to add that I also really hate the new transfer button on UC 5.3 +

HP Recommended

Hello all,

If the new Transfer Type is not desired please check the release notes for UC Software 5.3.0 or later:

call.DefaultTransferType Consultative or Blind Consultative

• If Blind transfer is specified, pressing the Transfer soft key immediately refers the call to another party.
  • If Consultative is specified, pressing the Transfer soft key keeps the original caller on hold while placing a new call to the other party.

The user can press and hold the Transfer soft key to change the transfer type temporarily. The user can also set the default transfer type by going to Settings > Basic > Preferences > Default Transfer Type

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi,

What we are looking for is a way to have the same transfer behavior of 5.2 - to 5.3 +.

HP Recommended

As DavidG said, I'd like to have the same behavior as 5.2, where I could have quick access to either type of transfer. We have changed the default type in the interem, but I would like to have both softkeys avalible.

@SteffenBaierUKCan macros simulate the long press required by 5.3 to bring up the context menu that allows you to switch between transfer types?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello all,

to my knowledge the current behavior is as working as designed. Often changes are requested by large consumer groups or even our Partner Microsoft and are usually documented as in this case UC Software 5.3.0 release notes.

To my knowledge there is no Long Key Press EFK and any change to either add this EFK function or an option to revert back to the old transfer method requires a Feature Request via your Polycom reseller with a business case justifying the changed.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Guys

Please advise if this request has been escalated to polycom engineers as i have a customer who also requires the same feature of choosing the type of transfer.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Mohammed Desai,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Maybe you miss understood the discussion but you are still able to chose.

You simply press the transfer button for a longer period and the "other" type of transfer appears.

You can chose via a configuration Parameter or Web Interface what the standard type should be and pressing the softkey for a longer period will offer the other method.

Will show:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier

Thanks so much. Works like a charm. Is this only available on the 5.4.0 software version or on the earlier 5.3.1?

Thanks and much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.