Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom Trio 8500 with the latest firmware 5.5.4. Calling out is not the issue, but when I need to enter a PIN #, it does not register. For example, attempting to join a Google Meet voice session, it requires the phone number and a PIN. When I attempt to enter the PIN #, Google Meet asks for me to type in a PIN to join the meeting.

I've did a search on the forums and found that changing NTP should solve the issue, but that was not the case for me. I also have tried to downgrade the the previous firmware, but this still does not work. Are there any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your feedback!

We have finally resolved this issue! Our VoIP provider kept on pushing there config down to our phone, so it always reverted the changes when we made a modification. To circumvent this, we had to null the values on the provisioning server fields and any other related fields, then had to include the following codes in the config file:

voIpProt.SIP.dtmfViaSignaling.rfc2976="1"
tone.dtmf.viaRtp="0"
tone.dtmf.rfc2833Payload="127"

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @yungd,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system or how to troubleshoot DTMF issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm having issues whenever I try to import the file, my_mac_address.cfg

*I am aware that my_mac_address is the actual mac address of my device*

The error that I get is the following, "Internal Server Error. Please try again."

Logs below:

0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "MISC_FILES" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONTACTS_DIRECTORY" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "LICENSE_DIRECTORY" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP301" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP301" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP501" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP501" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP430" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP430" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP600" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP600" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP601" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SPIP601" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP4000" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Prm|EditSession: Unknown parameter "CONFIG_FILES_SSIP4000" found, ignoring.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Web|cfgParamSaveCfgFile: No params found in the input buffer.
0706155907|cfg |4|00|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC::importConfigurationFile] Error updating buffer

UC Software is on 5.5.4.2255

HP Recommended

Hello @yungd,

The FAQ is quite clear.

I am unsure why you would import any <mac>.cfg file so all you would have to do is download the SIP Info Zip file, unzip and import via the web interface.

The next step would be to contact whoever provides your service and work with them on troubleshooting this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

@SteffenBaierUK 

When I unzip the zip file, there was a config that says replace_with_mac_of_phone.cfg. Are you saying that I do not need to rename this file to the MAC of my phone?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @yungd,

There are two files in the ZIP file.

You only need to use the dtmf_sip_info.cfg, the other one is used in combination to be able to load the original file from a provisioning server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yungd,

Save the below to a .CFG file and import on your phone to fix the issue.  The setting you need is "tone.dtmf.onTime".  Polycom probably should include this setting as a default.  If 100 doesn't fix the issue, then try 150.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
	<ALL
    <tone.dtmf.onTime="100" />
	/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

HP Recommended

I imported all of the .cfg from that FAQ page into the Polycom web interface, but the phone still does not detect the #

HP Recommended

Hi philliplyle,

Thanks for the code, but when I import the config, I received the message, "Internal Server Error".

I tried to update your code to include open and close <ALL></ALL>, but it still did not work

HP Recommended

Hello @yungd,

the FAQ also includes a portion explaining that some providers do not "understand" the * or # and need 10 and 11 instead.

It also has a troubleshooting section.

We know nothing about what SIP switch or service you even use so I suggest, if nobody else can help, please go ahead and raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.