Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Trio 8500 that I'm trying to get basic dial tone and dial out on with SIP (I am new to this).  It's still unregistered at this point.  

I have the time zone set to EST and all is good and I can web into it.  After a reboot - the time goes off by a day - and most likely because of that - I can no longer access the web interface, even though the IP address hasn't changed.  

Any suggestions on how to get it to keep its time and stay accessible via the Web?  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Adam_in_DC ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

A good starting point would be telling us what software is the device running.

Are you sure the time is correct as it does not really make sense that after a day it is no longer and you cannot access the web IF anymore?

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set NTP time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You should check the above and check your logs. See if you can still ping the device as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I cannot provide the exact firmware - because I can no longer access the 8500.  As soon as I reboot it I cannot ping it or access it via the web - even after it comes up again.  If I were in the office (I'm not today) - I would see that the time and day are 24 hours off.  Somehow, after a day or two, I can get in - but I'm not sure what the sequence of events are.  

When I am able to get back in again, I will change the SNTP server and provide any other information I can ascertain.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.