Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio 8800 H323 Dialing on Line 4

p.panaggio
Visitor

Trio 8800 H323 Dialing on Line 4

Is there a way to force local contacts to dial via line 4 -h.323?  I have created the following entry in line 4:

reg.4.address="H.323"
reg.4.protocol.H323="1"
reg.4.protocol.SIP="0"
voIpProt.H323.autoGateKeeperDiscovery="0"
voIpProt.H323.enable="1"
sec.H235.mediaEncryption.offer="1"
sec.H235.mediaEncryption.require="1"

When I select the line tenant 4, then dial by contacts I can successful dial by IP.  However, when I dial by selecting contacts -> contact, it defaults to the line 1.   The address book entry looks as such:

-<directory>
-<item_list>
-<item>
<ln>Demo</ln>
<fn>Demo</fn>
<ct>h323:10.X.X.X</ct>
<rt/>
<dc/>
<ad/>
<ar>0</ar>
<bw>0</bw>
<bb>0</bb>
</item>
</item_list>
</directory>

The trio is currently running version 7.0.3.0232 and is paired with a Group Series on rev 6.2.2.5-640009

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio 8800 H323 Dialing on Line 4

Hello @p.panaggio ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Trio cannot yet dial Speed Dials by Line. This may come in a future version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
p.panaggio
Visitor

If line four is the only line that supports H.323 shouldn't the entries in the address book with the protocol set to h.323 default to line 4?   

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @p.panaggio ,

That is not how the software works. I suggest you work with a Poly reseller so a Poly Sales contact can either raise this as a feature request or verify what future version could include this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4