Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When we place SIP calls, there is disturbance sound/eco coming from speaker when a user speaks. The disturbance is only happening when user talks, when remote user talks there is no issue hearing the audio.

Also when connected to Computer via Bluetooth audio/cable there is no such issue. Its happening only on SIP/VOIP calls.

Steps Tried –

Updated firmware to latest – No Change
Enable /Disable  Noiseblock  from settings

Currently using firmware – 5.5.3.3517

Any solution to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Its happening on all  Sip / SFB/ Bluetooth / Usb calls.

for both incoming and outgoing calls, the disturbance audio is heard while some one speaks from our end. receiver audio is heard perfectly but the moment when some one speaks from our end the disturbance sound comes from speakers.

we are located in Dubai, the device is currently out of warranty. i understand the issues is purely hardware based so some one please advice me a place where we can take it for service.

Regards-

Randhir

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Which is it, audio disturbance, or echo? They two issues have very different causes.

Echo heard is usually an issue at the far end.

Are you having this issue when calling different parties, or is the issue only whencalling a particular party?

What infrastructure is the Trio registered to? what is handling the call control?

What audio codec is being utilised when the issue is observed?

Regards

Shane

HP Recommended

Hi,

Its an Disturbance audio, its very high when a user speaks & volume is high. 

this issue is there for all outgoing calls made using SIP. 
our trio 8800 is connected to avya ip500 SIP. 

Audio codec - are set on default. 

Current software version : 5.5.2.11217

is this related to an hardware issue ? 

HP Recommended

You say it is there for "all outgoing calls". does that mean it isn't there for incoming calls?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is this only using a SIP pabx aka an outgoing trunk or also on a pure IP call?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Its happening on all  Sip / SFB/ Bluetooth / Usb calls.

for both incoming and outgoing calls, the disturbance audio is heard while some one speaks from our end. receiver audio is heard perfectly but the moment when some one speaks from our end the disturbance sound comes from speakers.

we are located in Dubai, the device is currently out of warranty. i understand the issues is purely hardware based so some one please advice me a place where we can take it for service.

Regards-

Randhir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.