Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have new Polycom Realpresence Trio8800 paired with Visual+ attached to a Logitech 930e webcam.

But the self-view and video is not showing anything but a white box in the right bottom corner of the display. The white box itself is out from the display frame. See picture attached. Please let us know how to make this camera working.

UC Software Version 5.4.5.9188

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Just want to update that we just upgraded the Trio8800 to the latest firmware:

Polycom_UC_Software_5_4_5_9658_AG_Trio_release

and the self view works now!

Thanks a million for the reply,

Tomy.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Tomyn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Looking at the picture I would expect there to be a graphic explaining how to share so you must have made some changes to the Trio already.

I suggest you fatory reset both the Trio and the Visual+ and ensure the Camera is plugged in correctly to the Visual+.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Many Thanks Steffen for your reply.

We have factory reset both the Trio8800 and Visual+ but the result was still the same.

We notice that the software version is older in Visual+, as we have upgraded the software version in Trio8800 before but not in Visual+. The condition right now is:

Software version of Trio8800: 

UC Software Version 5.4.5.9188  
  MAC Address 64:16:7F:1E:XX:XX

Software version of Visual+:
  UC Software Version 5.4.3.2400
  MAC Address 00:04:F2:FF:XX:XX (seems like this is MAC from older generation hardware)

Could this problem because of the software incompatibility? Is there a way to upgrade Visual+ software version because I cannot find any topics on the internet about this.

Thanks.

Tomy

HP Recommended

Hello Tomyn,

Once the Trio is paired with the Visual+ it will update the Visual+

As you have obscured the MAC Address I am unable to check who your Tier 1 support partner would be you need to contact.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Many thanks for the reply. Please help us to check our Tier 1 support partner. The MAC address are below:

Trio8800: 

MAC Address 64:16:7F:1E:AA:D0

Visual+:

MAC Address 00:04:F2:FF:EA:3E

Thanks.

Tomy

HP Recommended

Hi,

they are NCS COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING PTE LTD as we sold the unit on the 16/05/2017

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Just want to update that we just upgraded the Trio8800 to the latest firmware:

Polycom_UC_Software_5_4_5_9658_AG_Trio_release

and the self view works now!

Thanks a million for the reply,

Tomy.

HP Recommended

I'm having a related problem I'm hoping someone can help with.  The area of my monitor where the c930 camera should display only shows bands of color.  The camera image is not displayed.  I've connected the c930 to a PC and verified the camera works.  None of the software updates on the Trio8800 have made a difference.  Currently, version 5.5.2.11217 is installed.  Is there a separate software update I might perform on the Visual+  that might resolve this problem?  I'm using the supplied HDMI cable and a Polycom POE injector.  I've included a picture of my monitor to show the problem.  Thanks for any help.

Naci

HP Recommended

Hello @Naci,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The factory default would not show the PIP where you can see what you describe.

You will need support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  Here is the Trio's MAC address:

00:04:F2:FD:F4:2D

I look forward to seeing this Trio fully functional.  I've spent a considerable amount of time configuring it for Skype for Business as a conference room resource.  

Naci

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.