Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there Steffen (or anyone that knows the answer to this)

We have 10 Polycom Trio 8800 units all on software version 5.9.0.11421

A couple of sample serial # macs- 64:16:7F:75:B1:A4, 64:16:7F:76:D8:88, 64:16:7F:76:57:88

1. They are configured as Zoom Hybrid units. Zoom has centralized software to manage the settings remotely. (SIP connection to Zoom).
  2. Zoom manages the allowable version of firmware, which currently is the 5.9.0 .11421 release.
  3. They are in generic base profile as needed for the hybrid config by the folks @ Zoom.
  4. The config server that they are tied to is the Zoom config server
  5. The Zoom config server does not allow the crash dump (core files) to be uploaded.
  6. Starting Monday or Tuesday March 2nd or 3rd, the units started randomly beeping from time to time. Some reboot every once in a while. 
  7. Looking at the UC logs and System logs from the admin panel show that there is a kernel panic, and gives no reason for the panic or issue. 
  8. This generates a file to be uploaded to Polycom to be examined. However, the file has no where to go as the Zoom folks do not have their config server set up for these files to upload to. 
  9. I thought about creating a quick ftp server and pointing them at the ftp server to collect these crash dump core files, but did not know what would happen if I tried. (does that wipe the existing config?)
  10. I understand that now the crash dumps will not go away until they can be uploaded. Is there any way to grab one via USB or SSH? 
  11. I see a previous post on the community that says that SSH is not able to enabled on the devices, but in one of the 5.7 firmware guides for the Trios it shows SSH as an option that is turned off by default. I am hoping to ssh to the units and remove the crash dump files- both to examine them and hopefully get the phones out of this loop.
  12. The phones continue to place regular phone calls to the phone system we have internally in some offices as well as being able to join Zoom meetings without issue.
  13. The beeping SEEMS to occur when the unit retires to upload the log and fails. I am now seeing the units have to delete some of the core dump files as there are too many on each device. It is about once an hour or two that it tries to upload - I am not close enough to the unit we have in this office to determine the behavior exactly. But all 10 of them are doing it. 
  14. The Zoom folks are not reporting that this is happening to any of their other clients

Here is a snippet of one of the units UCS log file - 

0307120810|cfg |4|00|Core|Encrypting core file '/data/polycom/rfs0/64167f765788-5.9.0.11421-core.ple_ServiceProc.6.1583528211.gz.tar.gz' feof
0307120815|cfg |4|00|Core|No sub-directory ("enc.64167f765788-5.9.0.11421-core.ple_ServiceProc.6.1583528211.gz.tar.gz") found, trying to upload to the default directory
0307120820|cfg |4|00|Core|Problem uploading core file ("/data/polycom/rfs0/enc.64167f765788-5.9.0.11421-core.ple_ServiceProc.6.1583528211.gz.tar.gz", "enc.64167f765788-5.9.0.11421-core.ple_ServiceProc.6.1583528211.gz.tar.gz") to the server, result=-1
0307120820|cfg |*|00|Core|1 core/panic file(s) found, 0 uploaded to the server
0307120820|rtos |5|00|bspLinuxPopen: Command failed for fifo 1, status 0
0307120820|rtos |4|00|bspLinuxPopen: Could not fork (index 1)
0307120836|rest |4|00|[wappRestApiC::getCallStatus] pCall is NULL

1. I tried to upgrade the units to either 5.9.1.xxxx or 5.9.2.xxxx and the Zoom configs force the unit to downgrade. However, they generate core files (with the 5.9.2 version in the naming) after the upgrade so that is not helping anything. 
  2. I am going to go try and fully reset the unit and set it back up now - and see how it comes back up. The issue is that 8 of the 10 units are in remote offices. Resetting them is not going to be any fun as I will need someone to go in and enable https to the units one at a time. The folks at Zoom are stumped and this is their suggestion. 
  3. I have included the export of the configs on one of the devices. I had to change the extension from .cfg to .log to get them to upload. I also went and changed IP addresses and links to sanitize the files. The control server at Zoom is also changed from what the config on the phone really is. 
  4. We purchased the devices from Insight and I think they were routed through Ingram Micro, so I don't know how hard it will be to get a support ticket filed if needed. All but one of them should still be under warranty if the date of purchase is the warranty decider. 
  5. If I can just get the darn core files off of them and take a look, I might be able to figure out what is making them mad. 

Update- the config files were removed- I tried doing them as log files, no go. I will try zipping them and attaching them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @OutWest ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue, you could try a USB stick with a 000000000000.cfg on it but End users cannot see the content of these core files anyway.

The records show these all came from ScanSource:

64167F75B1A4 SCANSOURCE INC 28/03/2019
64167F76D888 SCANSOURCE INC 27/06/2019
64167F765788 SCANSOURCE INC 18/06/2019

They are your official Tier 1 and they can open a ticket for you with Poly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @OutWest ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue, you could try a USB stick with a 000000000000.cfg on it but End users cannot see the content of these core files anyway.

The records show these all came from ScanSource:

64167F75B1A4 SCANSOURCE INC 28/03/2019
64167F76D888 SCANSOURCE INC 27/06/2019
64167F765788 SCANSOURCE INC 18/06/2019

They are your official Tier 1 and they can open a ticket for you with Poly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen-

I was able to capture the dump file using the formatted USB with the blank config file. I got impatient the first time and pulled it early. Second time I waited a while and then rebooted the Trio for good measure. We opened a case and the dump file should be to support there at Poly now. Thanks for getting back to me. The blank config file on a USB drive is a little counterintuitive. I was waiting for the phone to wipe its configs back to default. Thanks again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.