Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have some trio 8800s and we and trying to share local content from surface hubs and some laptops on windows 10 using miracast/wireless display but keep getting a error- display failed reason code 2. Sharing from phones/pano works fine. Can someone advise if this is supported with Trio or if i'd doing something wrong?

trio firmware- 5.5.2 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I did test this with my own Surface Pro (5). Ensure the WiFi is setup as documented in the Trio 5.5.2 Admin Guide or in this FAQ here:

Oct 05, 2017 Question:How can I Troubleshoot Miracast issues on my Polycom Trio?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for that. Is the license still required? I requested a quote from our distributor for 5150-84981-001 and they said the part number was end of life and as I am able to use our own trio fine for Android devices (our customer is able to use android devices on his as well but not the surface pro) I assumed that it was no longer required. 

HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

we only introduced the feature officially with the release of the 5.5.2 Software and Polycom has to pay a fee to the license holders of the technology.

So yes you will need either the Miracast or the Airplay license fee and Polycom reserves the right to audit an installation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.