Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi,
I am trying to register a Trio 8800 to the CUCM. The CUCM side configuration is done, where and what should I set on the Trio 8800 to register to the CUCM? The admin guide contains not the relevant information or it is not that easy to find out. The Trio has an IP address from DHCP where the option 150 has set for the dhcp scope. Where can I set the user ID, password, TFTP server to be able to registering to the CUCM? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Krisztian,

It may be simply that \ is not really a character ( I did not cross check against the RFC) but we would need a support ticket to look at this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello Spyke88,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 17, 2014 Question:

Can I deploy Polycom® SoundStation® IP Conference Phones with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)

?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

As the Trio utilizes the same UC Software the above is applicable as well.

In regards to provisioning via DHCP options our phones utilize Option 160 or 66 in regards to the Server (HTTP,FTP or TFTP ) as explained here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

For a simple registration:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I am a bit confused. What can be set as the Base Profile on Trio 8800? Lync or Generic? Under the SIP line identification, if my address is \+44...... etc. because this is the Directory number configured in the Cucm, is it good? Can this format be acceptable?
HP Recommended

Hello Spyke88,

I assumed the first guide would be clear enough but here you go:

In regards to the base profile you are not using LYNC so it would be generic.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Please find attached the screenshots from the Trio 8800. My question was not that trivial, please check how I set the Address on the line is exactly the same as the Directory number in the CUCM. Only the Server 1 setting is needed? No Outbound proxy? Also find attached how the Server 1 is configured. And the app.log. Do I only need these settings on Line 1 or also under Settings -> SIP?

Regards,

Krisztian

HP Recommended

Hello Spyke88,

apologize I had made up a mockup display as I had no Trio at hand that was registered via SIP.

Have a look at the updated picture above.

Simple factory restore the unit via 

• Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Global Settings > Restore

No other settings as the one show above and in the FAQ post => here <= are required or I would have mentioned these.

You do not need to set the SIP Port to 5060 as an example either as the 0 value simply means standard aka 5060.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The phone is registered now to the call manager. However it is not able to register with the directory number as the address. I wanted to use a directory number (like other Cisco phones have) in the format \+4415...andtherestofthenumber but in this format it is not able to register. I changed this number to 803.... and used as the directory number and the Address on the Polycom and it registered immediately. So my understanding is that we can only use numbers in the Address field or my number was too long, don't know. What is your opinion?

Thanks,

Krisztian

HP Recommended

Hello Krisztian,

It may be simply that \ is not really a character ( I did not cross check against the RFC) but we would need a support ticket to look at this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help. If you have any chance to open that support ticket, please do it because in the CUCM it becomes usual to use the directory numbers in this format in a dial plan. Thank you again.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you have an update on this?

We also use \+ in our numbering plan and face the same issue while creating a user starting with \+

KR
Perry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.