Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just switched all of our Poly Trio 8800 profiles from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams. However, they keep switching back to Skype on its own. I tested one phone out by wiping it clean and restoring it to factory defaults, yet it changed over. Is there anything I can do to fix this? All phones are on version 5.9.5.2830 currently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got it. I imported a configuration file from a working phone, changed the system name, and it's working again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @darrinj95 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Most likely the phone is picking up a provisioning server from somewhere changing the profile from:

device.baseProfile.set="1"
device.baseProfile="MSTeams"

back to:

device.baseProfile.set="1"
device.baseProfile="LYNC"

I suggest you check the logs:

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > Trio or CCX 10240

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > DHCP Client > Event 1

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Configuration > Event 3

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It's the provisioning server. We still haven't switched completely over to Teams just yet, it appears to still be pointing to Skype. Come Friday that should do it. I wasn't sure if maybe there was something I was doing wrong, but looks like I was okay. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

While I thought the provisioning server was causing this, I was wrong. After switching over on Friday to Teams, 5 phones switched back over to Skype. I couldn't figure out where those settings were that you gave me when on the web interface of the phone.

HP Recommended

Hello @darrinj95 

Via Simple Setup > Base Profile but you would need to figure out why the setting is overwritten.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I see it. I compared the configuration with another phone, the config file is completely different and it also shows the base profile set as Skype. I should just be able to export the config file from a working phone to one of the non-working phones, correct?

HP Recommended

I got it. I imported a configuration file from a working phone, changed the system name, and it's working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.