Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio As USB Client

SOLVED
buenyamin.demirezen@mtu.de
Occasional Advisor

Trio As USB Client

Hallo, ich habe vorhin in der Doku gelesen, dass man Trio 8500 mit dem Profil "Für Microsoft per USB optimiert", als Mikro und Lautsprecher für Skype benutzen kann. Wie muss ich das Trio mit dem PC verbinden, damit ich das auch verwirklichen kann. Gibt es dafür ein spezielles Kabel?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio As USB Client

Hello buenyamin.demirezen@mtu.de 

welcome back to the Poly community.

The Datasheet explains that the Trio has a 1x USB 2.0 Micro-B device port. A regular Micro USB cable can be used to connect this to a Windows or Apple PC and utilize the speaker and microphone.

Usual USB cable length restrictions apply.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
buenyamin.demirezen@mtu.de
Occasional Advisor

Hello, I read earlier in the doc that you can use Trio 8500 with the profile "Optimized for Microsoft via USB", as a microphone and speaker for Skype. How do I have to connect the Trio to the PC to make this happen. Is there a special cable for this?

Message 2 of 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello buenyamin.demirezen@mtu.de 

welcome back to the Poly community.

The Datasheet explains that the Trio has a 1x USB 2.0 Micro-B device port. A regular Micro USB cable can be used to connect this to a Windows or Apple PC and utilize the speaker and microphone.

Usual USB cable length restrictions apply.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3