Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been trying to upgrade the companies Trio 8800 phones from 5.5.3 & 5.5.4 to the latest version.

I'm having the same failure when updating to 5.9.2.7553 and the newly released 5.9.2.7727

After upgrade the phones show 'Completing provisioning...' this does not go away even after leaving all night

They are used on CUCM11 and configured as Base Profile = Generic, so do not have a provisioning server to look up

I have tried a previous fix that I found for 5.5.4.2255

device.dhcp.bootSrvUseOpt="Static"
device.prov.ztpEnabled="0"

I've had this work on only 2 of the last 6 phones, so don't think it is a fix, just hit and miss

The only way I have found to get them to work is 4 fingers on the screen at boot up, reghost and configure again after the upgrade.

We have 58 phones which due to not having a provisioning server are being upgraded via USB

So you can see why this is driving me crazy

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Ade

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @sherlockab ,

Welcome back to the Polycom community.

As previously reminded at least twice some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or a meaningful answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue, it is not good practise to upgrade/provision such a large estate via USB. As you have not supplied any logs or backup so we cannot even check this.

I suggest you check the option to add a provisioning server into your network. This can be a simple FTP server at no cost to you:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Advantage of having this:

• Centralized method of provisioning configuration and software. Poly devices can be configured to periodically check for configuration changes so this would always be up to date.

• Centralized method of provisioning of Speed Dials etc.

• Centralized method of gathering logs for Support Cases

Using DHCP Option 160 (and 161 depending on what SKU was purchased) fully automates this without having to touch a single device.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thank you for your reply

My employer is quite happy with me upgrading manually at the moment, they have yet to decide the future path of Voice

Because the phones when they fail are in a 'Completing provisioning...' state, I cannot log into the system to get any logs, the only option is to factory reset which then deletes the logs

No Provisioning server is configured so I can't see why it is trying to connect to one

Are there any other options?

Regards

Ade

HP Recommended

Hello @sherlockab ,

I have seen you accepted 2 of my replies as a solution but did not provide any additional data. In one of them I had asked to get this into support but I have accidently deleted my reply now.

This is not very helpful for others as marking them leads people to find them but they are not finding a solution.

For your new issue I can only ask you to setup a server so you can get logs.

I created a quick overview how to do this in the 2nd post here:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You can still await other users trying to contribute ideas but the next official step would be to raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.