Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi community!!

I have a trouble uploading the UC software 3.3..5 and the bootrom on the polycom 6000, I´ve made all the steps to download the image on the IP phone but always appears me "could not contact boot server error loading 0004XXXXXXXX.cfg" Im using a tftp software to do this but I´ve not had success.

Can you help me with this issue or have any suggest??

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

this could be caused by a firewall or maybe the TFTP client.

Like I suggested try an FTP client instead. This is described in a Link within this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above should contain all Information needed and is working for thousands of users utilizing our phones.

If you require support you may want to consider to contact your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Urbancowboy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have a look at the following Post in our VoIP FAQ :

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi..

thanks, I´ve been checking your information and I can tell you that I´ve done all that steps and I follow having this issue, I´ve configured the phone manually and I´ve done the changes on the UC software to the file 000000000000.cfg changing it to the mac to the phone but the same message follows appears on the screen phone!!

can you have another suggest??

thanks in advance for your comments!!

regards!!

HP Recommended

Hello,

can you see that the phone connects to the TFTP Server ?

I usually use an FTP server as it allows to append to the log files so you can check them locally.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi...

When the phone reboot on my tftp software I can see how to try the download the files but as soon as check the file send the error to access the file and on the scrren phone appears the message before wrote.

I don´t know why is happend that, for that I ask for help on the forum.

I´ve never use a FTP server, I always use the tftp to upload some firmware!!

regards!! 

HP Recommended

Hello,

this could be caused by a firewall or maybe the TFTP client.

Like I suggested try an FTP client instead. This is described in a Link within this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software?

Above should contain all Information needed and is working for thousands of users utilizing our phones.

If you require support you may want to consider to contact your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi...

Thanks for your information!! I´ve done those changes and I´ve had success upgrading the IP phone. It was a little difficult to me couse I´ve never used the FTP server but all worked good.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.