Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have been trying to set the gateway for one particular phone to something different from the rest.  All my phones (all 550, 650 and VVX phones, so no oldies) are using DHCP to get their IP and subnet (and gateway for that matter), but I would ONE phone to use a different gateway.

I figured I would let it use DHCP to get it's address and subnet, but override the gateway address with the following settings in the provisioning file for this phone:

<device.set="1" />
<device.net.IPgateway="10.0.7.7" />
<device.net.IPgateway.set="1" />

After reboot, the gateway is still 10.0.7.1 (as set by DHCP server). I also tried changing it manually (using the phone menu) but that doesn't stick after reboot either.

How can I set the gateway manually using the provisioning files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes I have and as suspected it did work with a static IP. I wanted to avoid static IPs though, so in the end I found another (network, not Polycom related) solution to my issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi mgaudette

I would guess that DHCP is overiding your config as DHCP is seen by the phone before the config files.  Have you tried diabling DHCP on that device and setting a static ip and seeing if that works? ie:

<device.set="1"

device.dhcp.enabled="0"

device.net.subnetMask="255.255.255.0"

device.net.ipAddress="10.0.7.3"

device.net.IPgateway="10.0.7.7"

/>

Hope this helps

Dave

HP Recommended

Yes I have and as suspected it did work with a static IP. I wanted to avoid static IPs though, so in the end I found another (network, not Polycom related) solution to my issue.

HP Recommended

Good stuff

Are you able to share the solution at all?

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello all,

apart from the fact that the XML formatting in the first post is incorrect this seems to be an issue on our end.

I would believe that you should be able to overwrite the IP Gateway and the DNS as these are selectable features via the phone gui or the Web interface.

I have escalated this as a clarification internally but advise you to raise a service ticket with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly and quote 1-451047068 / VESC-3772 as a reference.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.