Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After applying the new Polycom UC 4.0.1 to the IP 335 phones,  the phones immediately displays “SIP URL:..”. when attempting to dial out. I am unbable to dial numerics. The phone registered and can receive inbound calls. I have an IP 550 pulling the same config but does not have the same problem.

EDIT: I added feature.urlDialing.enabled="0" and now the phones can dial numerics.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Simon-Tran,

I have just loaded a minimal configuration (=> here <=) on a SPIP335 in my lab and cannot confirm your experience.

Using UCS 4.0.1.13681 the phone does not offer URL dialing in any mode (off hook / on hook).

It must be an issue with your configuration.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have an IP 550 pulling the same config but does not have the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Simon,

then I can only suggest that you use the UCS 4.0.1 Feature via the Web Interface and create a backup of the whole configuration.

Utilities => Phone Backup & Restore => Export Phone Backup File 

Above will create a individual File for each phone you do this to and you can then use an editor to compare the 2 files and search for your configuration mistake causing the issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@simon-tran wrote:

I have an IP 550 pulling the same config but does not have the same problem.

I had this issue with a SPIP 331 a while back.  A simple reboot corrected the issue for me.

HP Recommended

Hello Simon.

I had the same issue on 331. I added feature.urlDialing.enabled="0" in site.cfg file as you specified and rebooted the phone. It's resoved the issue, now the phone showing Enter number.

Thanks

Assyst

HP Recommended

I have the same issue but only when I pickup or call an extension from a BLF.

attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:101@[IP of PBX]"

HP Recommended

Hello Unified,

can you confirm that this is happening when running UCS 4.0.1 and did you follow up on above advise?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.