Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi,

What would be the best way to implement a global 0000000000-directory.xml but a the same time allow users to modified it. And have any changes made on the phones to automatically upload a mac-directory.xml to the provisioning server.

Also, are these parameters still valid for 4.01? I do not see them in the admin guide.

<directory dir.local.readonly="1" dir.local.volatile.2meg="1" dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.2meg="20" dir.local.volatile.4meg="1" dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.4meg="50" dir.local.volatile.8meg="1" dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.8meg="100" dir.local.volatile.maxSize="300" />
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It seems that the phone will not update when changes are made to 0000000000-directory.xml even after reboot.

Is there a parameter to force the phones to update?

HP Recommended

Hello Simon,

the 000000000000-directory.xml is only loaded once the Phone boots the 1st time.

The UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide mentions this for example on page 4 - 10:

These files can be downloaded once per reflash

I have not yet located the same Information in the UCS 4.0.1 Guide and will highlight this to our documentation team and create a FAQ around the Local Directory.

In order to minimize Administration on your end I would suggest to use LDAP as the License is now free and / or included for certain Phones. You can download this from => here <= for a whole Site.

Once a Phone has been provisioned and the user makes changes or the Phone reboots it should upload their individual <mac>-directory.xml

In order to answer your first question (you should really work with your reseller and/or Polycom Support via PPI) these Parameters have not existed since UCS 3.3.0 and I recommend you get familiar with the cfcUtility.

Removed Parameters when utilizing this:

Obsolete: dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.2meg
Obsolete: dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.8meg
Obsolete: dir.local.volatile.2meg
Obsolete: dir.local.volatile.4meg
Obsolete: dir.local.volatile.8meg

Please ensure you always consult the Admin Guide !

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HI Steffen,

Thank you for your response. Does Polycom plan to modified the behavior of the 000000000000-directory.xml so that it can be loaded more than once? LDAP is not an option in my case. Is there a script that can copy/rename the 000000000000-directory.xml into mac-dir.xml files derived from a csv?

HP Recommended

Hello Simon,

it does not require a fully blown Microsoft Windows Server with Active Directory, you can just use Open LDAP on a Linux Box if needed.

I have created a FAQ entry explaining the 000000000000-directory.xml / <mac>-directory.xml => here <= and changes to the standard behavior need to be raised via a Feature Request => here <= with a business case to explain the need for the change.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Simon,

A work around is to copy 000000000000-directory.xml to <mac-addr-of-your-polycom-sip-phone>-directory.xml but it needs to be be done for each phone.

Easy way is to create a simple batch job file: - eg below

copy /Y 000000000000-directory.xml 0004F2E1DD6B-directory.xml
copy /Y 000000000000-directory.xml 0004F21ED0FE-directory.xml

Than after each time a phone reboots it gets updated Phone Directory.

The solution isn't great but it works.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did this FAQ ever get created as I have just upgraded to 4.0.1 and need to make the 000000000000-directory.xml file be loaded into the phones configuration on every reboot.

Is this possible in 4.0.1 (without resorting to LDAP)?

Thanks

Paul

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

the example FAQ was created as already replied above by myself.

A change in the current behavior needs to be raised via a feature request as already explained.

Currently there is no change to the behavior.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.