Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have updated 4 Trio 8500s (that are configured as Zoom Room controllers) w/UC 5.9.3.8724 and each one of them have experienced an identical issue.  The Zoom Room systems are Dell Optiplex Micros running Win10 and Zoom v5.0.0. 

Shortly after successfully updating and at some random time the Zoom Room profile app drops and the device settings page appears on the display and as a result a Zoom error is generated because the ZR system loses communication w/the controller (Trio).  

If you press the back arrow (bottom left corner of display) the ZR app loads and reconnects. I do not yet know if this is a consistent issue or simply a one time thing but it has happened on every Trio that I have updated. 

I do not know yet if this occurs w/a Studio X ZR but I believe that it's the UC or possibly Zoom Room profile software.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc  and @ChaseMmmhmmm ,

Without this being confirmed as described by Zoom we will just have to assume that the next planned Trio, planned for the end of this month (Subject to change), firmware would fix this.

The correct way would be opening a Zoom and/or Poly support ticket so we can verify.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Our Partner Zoom has made some changes to their security and therefore I suggest you check the past incident section here https://status.zoom.us and/or work with Zoom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Screen capture attached for reference.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Stephen.

Since the Zoom Room profile software is part of the UC package Zoom has told me that any changes or updates go through Poly since the ZR cannot be updated on it's own. 

Plus it's the device settings of the Trio itself that's appearing on the display, which is outside of the ZR profile software. 

Thanks again,
James

HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

The latest UC Software 5.9.3.8724_RevAB contains the new Zoom Room 5.0.0 software we have received from our partner Zoom.

This "should" address all issues which recent changes to the Zoom platform have arisen.

You "could" try and import the attached CFG file (unzip after download) via Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

If this still fails, and Zoom cannot help, you are free to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi @Steffen,

Before I import the cfg file that you provided can you provide some insight on what it does/change?

Thanks for your help,

James

HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

Its just the certificate chain.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I've experienced the same issue on nearly 50 Trios, all set to auto-update using the trio.zoom.us provisioning server. In our case, interaction with the touch screen on the phones has died as well. Seeing a lot of 401 responses in the error logs. Can you post a link to the template .cfg's that might have updated certificates?

HP Recommended

Hello @ChaseMmmhmmm ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I had already replied >here< with the following configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
	<ALL
sec.TLS.customCaCert.3="-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----"
	/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you! I apologize, I had missed that link in your previous message.

After installing that config, it looks like the CA certificate is successfully installed. I'm not seeing any change on the phone itself, and I suspect this line in the logs might point us in the right direction: 

0604090342|copy |*|00|Server 'downloads.polycom.com' said 'voice/software/Poly_UC_Software_5_9_3_8724_AB_Trio8500_release/3111-66700-001.3111-66700-001.sip.ld' is not present

The URL looks to be malformed, with the '3111-66700-001.' repeated in the sip filename. How can I prevent that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.