Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently installed UCS 3.3.0 and have not had much luck. I used the CFCUtility but I am not having luck getting the new config files working like the single sip.cfg used to work. I got one phone working fairly well but could never get the GMT offset to work. In fact I had to put the sntp setting directly in the phone via the web interface. i.e. i couldn't get it to pull from the site.cfg file. I am doing something fundamentally wrong and I have never had this much trouble. How can I get some help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

yet again I can only highlight the log files.

You can see within the log file what files are loaded.

These templates in the \config folders are only examples separated into different sections and are not automatically loaded !

Only files specified in the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg are loaded.

Did the change made via the Gui or Web interface trigger the phone to uploaded the -web.cfg or -phone.cfg files?

The FAQ describes this and the usage of the cfc tool so you could just convert your old files instead of manually creating new ones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello SSY,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually the log should contain any errors so the best thing to do is check the log.

In addition any changes made via the Web Interface and/or GUI are uploaded to the Provisioning Server.

You can just check the <mac>-phone.cfg and/or <mac>-web.cfg (depending on the SW Version) and see the format of the parameters.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you. There were not a lot of errors in the log. I did get the phones connecting to the pbx no problem it was just getting all the settings to automatically pull into the polycom.

With the previous version I was able to set up sip.cfg adn all our phones would pull in the basic settings:

1. digitmap
  2. sntp and offset
  3. server address and port
  4. background image

I like your idea of using <mac>-web.cfg to find the parameters that need to go into the other <x>.cfg files.

Can you tell me for 1-4 above which cfg file sw version 3.3.3 needs the parameters in? I tried looking at <mac>-web.cfg  and then searcing in each example cfg provided in the software in the config folder. But it just didn't seem to work.

Also can you give me some pointers on why in version 3.3.3 the sntp is not offsetting for me? I tried this setting in the site.cfg:

<tcpIpApp.sntp tcpIpApp.sntp.address="pool.ntp.org" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400">

I also tried setting device.sntp device.sntp.gmtOffse and device.sntp.serverName to those settings but that didn't work. Not only could I not seem to get it to pull in correctly I couldn't seem to get even the setting in then <mac>-web.cfg to work. The offset seemed to have no impact.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

also do the <x>.config files stay in the config folder or do you move them to the root folder? I was moving them into the root where sip.cfg would have been in earlier sw versions.

HP Recommended

Hello,

yet again I can only highlight the log files.

You can see within the log file what files are loaded.

These templates in the \config folders are only examples separated into different sections and are not automatically loaded !

Only files specified in the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg are loaded.

Did the change made via the Gui or Web interface trigger the phone to uploaded the -web.cfg or -phone.cfg files?

The FAQ describes this and the usage of the cfc tool so you could just convert your old files instead of manually creating new ones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you that is helpful.

The GUI creates a  -web.cfg file for the phone.

I was not using the 000000000000.cfg correctly. Let me try getting that right and I will post back.

HP Recommended

ok it was all about the 000000000000.cfg settings.

as far as the sntp that was a matter of setting:

<tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1">

I set

<tcpIpApp.sntp.address tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1"> but that did not help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.