Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

UCS 4.0.1 and SoundStation phones

SOLVED
SF
Occasional Contributor

UCS 4.0.1 and SoundStation phones

Hello,

I saw the 4.0.1 firmware got released lately with official support for SoundStations. But the latest bootrom (as in upgrader) available is the 4.4.0 one, and those files are missing from the archive.

3111-30900-001.bootrom.ld

3111-15600-001.bootrom.ld
3111-40000-001.bootrom.ld

Should we expect a new release of the bootrom or am I missing something ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: UCS 4.0.1 and SoundStation phones

Hello SF,

the SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX Upgrader 4.4.0B Link contains the missing BootROM's as the 4.4.0 did not support the SoundStation family.

Please ensure to always check the support pages for new files.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
SF
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer.

For your information, when going on the SoundStation IP 7000 page and clicking on the 4.0.1 firmware download link http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/eula/ucs/UCagreement_combined_4_0_1_spl... you are prompted to use the "4.0.0 upgrader utility" with a link to the old, SoundStation-less, package.

Hence I think you should update that link to make things more clear for your users...

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello SF,

I have forwarded this to the Product Manager.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4