Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

UCS 4.0.1 and SoundStation phones

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

UCS 4.0.1 and SoundStation phones

Hello,

I saw the 4.0.1 firmware got released lately with official support for SoundStations. But the latest bootrom (as in upgrader) available is the 4.4.0 one, and those files are missing from the archive.

3111-30900-001.bootrom.ld

3111-15600-001.bootrom.ld
3111-40000-001.bootrom.ld

Should we expect a new release of the bootrom or am I missing something ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: UCS 4.0.1 and SoundStation phones

Hello SF,

the SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX Upgrader 4.4.0B Link contains the missing BootROM's as the 4.4.0 did not support the SoundStation family.

Please ensure to always check the support pages for new files.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello SF,

the SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX Upgrader 4.4.0B Link contains the missing BootROM's as the 4.4.0 did not support the SoundStation family.

Please ensure to always check the support pages for new files.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer.

For your information, when going on the SoundStation IP 7000 page and clicking on the 4.0.1 firmware download link http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/eula/ucs/UCagreement_combined_4_0_1_spl... you are prompted to use the "4.0.0 upgrader utility" with a link to the old, SoundStation-less, package.

Hence I think you should update that link to make things more clear for your users...

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hello SF,

I have forwarded this to the Product Manager.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 4