Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It looks like UCS 4.0.1 took away the ability to do server-side DND using the FAC/NOTIFY feaures alluded to in previous release notes for 3.3.1F until 4.0.  By the way, with the help of someone at Polycom, I was able to get server-side DND working with our FreePBX/Asterisk call server, and it worked very well (though I never got the OK to post the XML schema for it).  Alas, 4.0.1 appears to have removed this functionality, so I have to keep my phones on 3.3.x in order to keep this functionality (I upgraded, tested it, and subsequently downgraded to get it back).  Also, it seems that all references to this feature have been removed from the documentation.  Needless to say this is rather disappointing to those of us who were either using or really interested in having this feature.  Why did you choose to do this, Polycom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The final word from Polycom, as feared, is that this does not work with UCS 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.  They have also purposely removed the documentation for this feature.  I think they ought to reconsider their decision to do this, but anyway...

That said, whether you haven't yet upgraded to release v4, or wish to downgrade to gain server-side DND support, I have posted the solution to server-side DND with Asterisk and Polycom ==> here <==

As for me, my desire to have a solid server-side DND outweighs my desire to have the phone hold its ringer volume setting after reboots, so at UCS 3.3.2 I will stay, until Polycom fixes the bugs in 4.0.1 to get this working again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

did you have to sign a NDA when you received the PDF with the details?

Have you checked the Phones Log's (App Log) to see if the Phone is complaining about the formatting of the configuration file?

The UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide still holds the same Parameters (voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.dnd) and describes on page 96 how to activate this.

You may need to be a bit more specific or raise a case with your Reseller and/or Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No, I didn't have to sign an NDA.  But I also didn't want to ruffle feathers because I was very appreciative for the private help I got. I asked if I could share my results with the community but I never got a response.

As to the documentation, you're partially correct, in that the serverFeatureControl.dnd is still there (as has been there for a while), but the extra options added in the release notes for 3.3.1F, that give the option of enabling/disabling DND via feature code instead of the "subscribe as feature" method that Asterisk doesn't support are now conspicuously missing.  These are the extra settings that I didn't find in the documentation and don't appear to work on the phone anymore:

reg.1.serverFeatureControl.signalingMethod="inviteFACSubscribePresence"
reg.1.serverFeatureControl.activateCodeSequence.dnd="*78"
reg.1.serverFeatureControl.deActivateCodeSequence.dnd="*79"

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

I have been given the OK to publish your implementation on the Asterisk Side and the Polycom Configuration used in your original Post => here <=

Please do not publish the Document that you haven been given.

In order to follow up on your new Issue I will contact you directly via Email so we can possibly arrange to open a Ticket once we identified that the configuration used is correct.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The final word from Polycom, as feared, is that this does not work with UCS 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.  They have also purposely removed the documentation for this feature.  I think they ought to reconsider their decision to do this, but anyway...

That said, whether you haven't yet upgraded to release v4, or wish to downgrade to gain server-side DND support, I have posted the solution to server-side DND with Asterisk and Polycom ==> here <==

As for me, my desire to have a solid server-side DND outweighs my desire to have the phone hold its ringer volume setting after reboots, so at UCS 3.3.2 I will stay, until Polycom fixes the bugs in 4.0.1 to get this working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.