Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

With the exception of compatibility with some specific PBX system, why would I want to use SIP or UCS? What are the pros/cons? I searched for some kind of document that might address this, but found nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes,

along with many new features and new Phones (VVX500 & Spectralink 8400)

SIP was up until SIP 3.2.x

UCS is since UCS 3.3.x

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello 24x8,

the name change is just highlighting the Unified Communication compatibility of the newer UC Software.

Older SIP version will only receive Hot Fixes but usually no additional software features and are only maintained for our partners in the field to guarantee the functionality and compatibility with their equipment.

The UCS Admin Guide explains the UC Software in Detail.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. Just so I'm clear, "UCS" is just a name change--UCS 4.x.x is just the next release after SIP 3.x.x?

HP Recommended

Yes,

along with many new features and new Phones (VVX500 & Spectralink 8400)

SIP was up until SIP 3.2.x

UCS is since UCS 3.3.x

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.