Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Can anyone tell me a list of items to check for this errror?  We know there is network connecvitity and 5060 is open, any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello Pamini,

You have so far started three separate Post's but have not provided any feedback towards them.

You seem to have not used the search => here <= as you have not provided this information.

Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I used the search, but wasnt able to find a solution that helps. I will check the search again, but any other suggestions or help would be great.

HP Recommended

Hello Pamini,

using the Search as highlighted by myself above clearly finds this Post => here <=

The user replying in this post then confirms that the Line Icon is only an outline as I prompted him to check the registration status as described => here <=

All that is expected of you as a reply is getting back and confirming:

Yes my Phone is registered but I still get the error

No my Phone is not registered

Above is a very simple troubleshooting request and using a popular search engine => here <= brings plenty of the same replies (even some Videos) showing the same exact Error Message " URL Call disabled "

Polycom Phones can be configured by End Users, but if you struggle further I would really advise you to seek professional help as already suggested.

Your Polycom Reseller is responsible for the Support as they have sold you the product. If they are unable to do so you can in addition contact Polycom Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident).

Please answer above question or proceed with contacting your reseller / Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi. I have a Virgin Media 100meg network in the UK. on 26th December 2012 I got URL Calls Disabled after sending emails and ringing my provide with no luck until the new Year I was told it must be a fault with Virgin. I looked on the internet for answers. Virgin told me we do not block VOIP phones. After 4 months I found out that Virgin are blocking VOIP Phones with a new firmware on there Hubs.

How to fix this It took me hours and hours to find a fix.

In the Virgin supper Hub setting which is at.

Web address:  http://192.168.0.1/  You need to go into the setting (Super Hub Settings) and set it to Modem Mode, Connect a modem router to it and the phone will not sow up. So Virgin Media when customers ask you are you blocking VOIP that connect direct to you Hubs the Real answer should be YES WE ARE.

I hope this will help.

HP Recommended

Hi. I have a Virgin Media 100meg network in the UK. on 26th December 2012 I got URL Calls Disabled after sending emails and ringing my provide with no luck until the new Year I was told it must be a fault with Virgin. I looked on the internet for answers. Virgin told me we do not block VOIP phones. After 4 months I found out that Virgin are blocking VOIP Phones with a new firmware on there Hubs.

How to fix this It took me hours and hours to find a fix.

In the Virgin supper Hub setting which is at.

Web address:   http :// 192 . 168 . 0 . 1   You need to go into the setting (Super Hub Settings) and set it to Modem Mode, Connect a modem router to it and the phone will not sow up. So Virgin Media when customers ask you are you blocking VOIP that connect direct to you Hubs the Real answer should be YES WE ARE.

I hope this will help.

HP Recommended

Hi, We are facing the same problem with our company. We have extension 120 and extension 125. The extension 125 is having a Issue that says URL call disabled, it has been going on for about 2 weeks now.  We just can't get it to work, it would be good if a Polycom Employee can provide a possible solution. So far we have tried a following troubleshooting steps? 

BOTH extensions have Polycom 335's 

Extension 125 it just says "URL Call Disabled" 

1. We have have used the same cable that is plugged into 125 and plugged into 120 to power it on; the 120 phone works just fine, no errors and we are able to make test calls just fine. So this assured us that the Ethernet cable is good and the Port into 125 is plugged into is good.

2. Then we tried, seting the phone back to factory defaults and reprovisioned the phone ( ON extension 125)  with correct settings that matchs with the recommended settings of our VoIP provider. No success, so this assures us that all the provision settings are correct.  (Also we tried to connect the phone to 3 different provisioning servers but it was no success) 

3. Next step that was tried was that our VOIP provider, took extension 125 from our network and they activated the extension on there network using the same iPBX and the extension worked just fine.(EXTENSION 125)  The service provider made a test call to us using the 11 digit number that is on attached to the extension. We saw it with our own eyes that the extension was working. This eliminated the possiblity that our ViOP provider is not sending correct files to extension 125. 

4. The phone we are currently using on extension 125 is brand new replacement, which we received about 1 week ago because last time or Service provider told us the phone may be bad. So the phone itself is not the issue. 

5. Last step we tried was the we made a backup file of the settings on 120 using the web GUI interface of the phone and loaded it on the extension 125 phone. THE PHONE STARTED WORKING!  When we made a test call it was giving us the 11 digit number that was attached to extension 120 and it also show that we were calling from extension 120. So this proves that the phone is working!

What Do you guys think is the issue? We have more than 20 other Polycom 335s on the Network and they are all just working fine without a problem. 

IT would be great if a Polycom Employee can guide us to the correct solution!

HP Recommended

Hello Superuser,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It seems you already answered your own question. If I understand your reply above a backup configuration from the working extension 120 added to the non working extension 125 fixed your issue.

Simply back up both configurations and compare them with each other or simply modifying the working backup of extension 120 and edit it with the SIP credentials of 125 should address your issue.

If this still fails you will need to raise a ticket via your SIP provider to work with our Support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Do you guys have any White papers that I can read if the Provisioning task fails after multiple tries on the same network where other Polycom IP 335's are working on the same network without a issue.

Most importantly, can you give me the ports that you guys use to deliver provisioning/configuration files to the phone onces it connections to the provisioning server. Provising Server type is HTTPS and address is myprovider.polycom.com/polycomuc/, first I enter the activation code and activation is successful but the phone really doesn't receive the new configuration files it just  says "Inactive" and when you pick up the headset it says Please enter the activation code. It just goes in the cycle once you restart the phone.

Also can you give me the whitepapers for SIP credentials that Polycom uses; what are SIP credential and to what information are they sensative to. What could be different between SIP credential of two Polycom IP 335 devices assigned to two different extensions.

One last thing, provisioning is sucessful for some Polycom IP 335 phones on the network but Cycle goes on and on for others. So please try your best to answer my questions. Any alternative way of receiving/updating the phone with new configuration files would be appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello superuser,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The Polycom community' has a very simple structure.

It starts within the VoIP section with the:

Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

Above outlines what kind of support should be expected.

The next section is:

[FAQ] VoIP frequently asked questions 

Above holds a record (which is always updated) of the most frequently asked questions and troubleshooting possibilities.

This list's at the beginning several sources and mandatory materials that should and can be consulted before posting a question.

The most important document is the UCS or SIP admin Guide matching your yet unknown software version on the phones.

As already replied you should really seek the support from the VoIP Provider who is setting up your service.

I wanted to make you aware of the above as troubleshooting can be quite a complex task and is completely outside the scope for myself as a voluntary participant within this community.

Back to answering some of your original questions.

HTTPS is an industry standard and uses port 443. I am not familiar with the method described utilizing an activation code or any messages prompting inactive or a reminder of adding an activation code.

These are questions you need to ask whoever implemented your phones.

Provisioning a phone is described in the FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Setting up a SIP registration is again shown in the FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Troubleshooting FAQ post's:

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 17, 2011 Question: How can change Logging Levels or use Syslog?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.