Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

Currently I am trying to perform voice recording using my Polycom SIP 650 by recording it to a 256MB capacity USB Drive. The phone was able to detect my USB and able to record up to 2 hours. However, once I removed the USB drive from the phone and plugged it back, the available storage time drops to 23 seconds where I still have few hundreds MB of capacity left in my USB Storage Drive. Please advise

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello KS,

as USB storage has become rather cheap you may want to consider testing another stick to exclude the one you care currently using being defective or even a fake.

In addition the Technical Bulletin 38084 => here <= outlines which have been originally tested by Polycom support.

You may want to consider upgrading the phone if it is running an older software version as you have not yet supplied this information.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello KS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you sure the USB stick is fully functional and has not been used or formatted in a Linux format or similar? I would suggest you format this on a Windows PC and then check again.

In addition it is always useful to post the current software version that you are using.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HI Steffen,

Yes, I had formatted the USB Storage Drive using Windows OS before using it on my SIP 650 Polycom phone. I had tested another scenario where upon rebooting the phone and re-connecting the USB thumb drive to the phone again, the phone will be able to detect the correct full storage available which is around 119 minutes left. Instead when I removed the USB drive and re-connect again, the available recording time will drop back to 23 seconds.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello KS,

as USB storage has become rather cheap you may want to consider testing another stick to exclude the one you care currently using being defective or even a fake.

In addition the Technical Bulletin 38084 => here <= outlines which have been originally tested by Polycom support.

You may want to consider upgrading the phone if it is running an older software version as you have not yet supplied this information.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.