Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using Polycom 321s and 331s, SIP software 3.3.2, and Asterisk 1.4.

Occasionally, when a queue call comes in, the phones ring, but when an agent goes to pick up the call, nothing happens when they lift the handset. The phone continues to ring, and the soft keys on the phone don’t respond to key presses.

I believe DND is disabled and Call Waiting is enabled on the phones.

Is there anyone else who has experienced this behavior and/or knows what could be causing it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Kouri,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Has this setup ever worked before or you have you recently upgraded to UCS 3.3.2?

If you have recently upgraded from SIP 3.2.x to UCS 3.3.x do you still use the original sip.cfg and phone1.cfg?

If yes, you should check the Support page for the cfcUtility to convert the "old" files and if you still find the above reported issue  via your Polycom Reseller if the units are still within warranty or work with Polycom Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident). 

Best regards 

Steffen Baier 

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thanks for your reply. Yes we were using UCS 3.2.2 previously and recently upgraded to 3.3.2, but we are not using the original sip.cfg and phone1.cfg.

I do have some custom configuration files for 3.3.2, however, which include some legacy configuration parameters.

On the phone, if I go to Menu->Status->Platform->Configuration I see the following:

Boot Server:

http://192.168.25.10/polycom

Boot Srv Type: HTTP

Config: custom.cfg, common.cfg   <-- these are the custom files I created.

Web:

-Params Accepted: 0

Local

-Params Accepted: 0

Configuration Files:

-File: 0004f2xxxxxx/custom.cfg

- Errors Found: 8

- Duplicates Found: 30

- Params Accepted: 30

-File: common.cfg

- Errors Found: 14

- Duplicates Found: 9

- Params Accepted: 17

Could the errors in the configuration files be causing these issues? I've attached them to this post. Note that some of the parameters in custom.cfg file get modified by a script before the phone downloads it.

Is there any way I could figure out what those errors are or have someone take a look at them?

HP Recommended

Hello Kouri,

as advised please use the cfcUtility from => here <=

Above is a Dos based command line tool that removes all old Parameters and/or replaces them with the correct Values for UCS 3.3.0

The Members of the Polycom Community are invited to participate in troubleshooting issues.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, I used the utility and corrected the configuration files so that there were no errors, however, the phones are still locking up occasionally. Do you have any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello Kouri,

thanks for getting back with the information that you now have corrected the Values using the cfcUtility.

You could try and use the memShow and other commands as mentioned in the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide via Syslog or a regular log in order to check if the Unit run's out of memory.

In order to proceed forward I would like to clarify that the Polycom Community is not meant as a replacement for the correct support channels, as mentioned in the Read First, and would therefore advise you to contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support.

This will enable you to get the correct of support and professional help assisting you to troubleshoot your Issue.

The Polycom Support may charge you a Pay Per Incident (PPI) fee if the unit is out of warranty but will enable you to communicate directly with our dedicated support team.

They will require your complete configuration files, the -app.log and -boot.log and if possible a Wireshark trace. Please setup your provisioning server to enable the uploading and appending of logs so the support has a clear Log including booting of the Unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.