Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We've having issues with our SoundStation IP 6000 and IP 7000 units. None of them work on our network.

In DHCP mode, we get a DHCP failed. In Static IP mode, we get an Unregistered line error message, but we are unable to ping out to the switch, so we don't believe the device to actually be connected to the network.

The ports are fine and are working perfectly if using other devices. The DHCP server works properly for all other devices (computers, tablets, phones, smart TVs, Chromecasts, etc.). Our Wi-Fi APs are connected to the same PoE switch as the Polycoms and are working fine. The network is configured according to all the recommendations provided by our VoIP provider.

We also have VVX 410 phones. When they work, they work perfectly. However sometimes one of them will go awry and will refuse to reconnect, showing the same behavior as the SoundStation (DHCP failed in DHCP mode, no network in Static IP mode).

All units have the same configuration in regards to the network and are on the same PoE switch.

We have tried bypassing the PoE switch by using a PoE injector to connect to another switch, but it shows the same behavior.

When the devices are connected to the switch, we can see from the switch port management that the device is up and that the speed has been negociated properly.

Our cloud VoIP provider doesn't know what the problem is.

Any clues? I'm thinking it might be a bug in the firmware they are running.

SoundStation IP 6000:

BootBlock: 3.0.4.0001

Updater: 5.0.5.2324

Application: 4.0.5.4853

SoundStation IP 7000:

BootBlock: 3.0.4.0001

Updater: 5.0.1.10553

Application: 4.0.5.4853

VVX410:

BootBlock: 3.0.4.0146

Updater: 5.2.1.6300

Application: 5.0.1.7310

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hello Martin514,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What kind of Network switches do you have and do you use LLDP, CDP or DHCP to discover any VLAN's?

Also you state when they are connected, is this only applicable to the VVX or also the SSIP?

What are the MAC addresses of these Phones?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

We have a Cisco SG220-26P PoE switch (where all phones are connected), connected to a stack of Cisco Catalyst 2960-S switches. The DHCP is provided by our gateway, a Juniper SRX 650.

LLDP and CDP have been disabled as per the recommendation of our cloud VoIP provider, both on the phones and on the switch.

The network doesn't use VLANs, all trafic is untagged. We have tried to use option 144 to set to VLAN ID 1 (the default VLAN), it did not change anything. But as mentioned, even doing a static IP setup, the devices are unable to communicate with the switch. The units are not defective, however, as they were successfully connected to my home network.

We have a non-Polycom VoIP device, a 2N intercom, going through the same PoE switch, which works fine.

All the units MAC starts with 0004F2, so they are not affected by the issue related to the new MAC addresses.

HP Recommended

Hello Hello Martin514,,

The question in regards the MAC was meant so I can look up the phones history and check against the dates etc. Also I could then check who your reseller would be in case we need to look at these.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have the exact same scenario and the same hardware.

Was a technical solution ever found to this problem please?

We have a Cisco SG220-26P serving untagged PoE connections to some of our VVX411 handsets.  Other Polycom devices (Trio 8800 etc) work fine but the VVX411 devices fail to obtain a DHCP address through the Cisco SG220-26P.  If we eliminate the Cisco SG220-26P and replace with an unmanaged PoE switch the handsets function as you'd expect.

Seems to be a conflict with using the VVX411 devices and the Cisco SG220-26P.

Anyone solved this please?

HP Recommended

Hello Dave123,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Unfortunately the original poster never did.

I can only ask you to get us some logs of the phone:

• Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > 1000
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > DHCP Client > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > LLDP > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > CDP > Debug

Please get these from a Trio first and then try from a VVX by assigning a manual IP, set these, put DHCP, and after another manual IP.

VVX:

Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > Log File Type > App > Export
Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > Log File Type > Boot > Export

Trio:

Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > UCS Application > Export

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We have resolved this - applying the latest available firmware to the Cisco SG220-26P and restarting the switching has resulted in the VVX411's now obtaining DHCP from our WIndows DHCP server elsewhere on the network.

Presuming this was a known issue from a Cisco perspective.

HP Recommended
Just wonder if they ever fixed this issue or not. The unit will not Auto Negotiate Speed of the LAN port setting. We are running a couple site faster than the 100 FD and those work fine. Anything running a higher network port speed doesn't work. So without changing the network port itself we never get DHCP / IP address. Leaving the LAN port Mode to Auto doesn't seem to do anything. Firmware 5.7.2.3205 Can anyone help?
HP Recommended

Hello @jim.harris ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Without logs, we cannot try an fix an issue. In addition, you are not using any currently supported software:

Try any of the above and report back. If this all fails to open a ticket via your Poly reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
Those are for VXX phones. This is for Polycom Trio 8500 / 8800 which I have the latest firmware and software.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.