Version 5.8.0.12848

P/N:  3150-11530-580

Message 21 of 27
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Unable to connect to network

Hello @AllPoolBev ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

What WiFi Dongle are you using? What WiFi AP are you trying to connect to? This does not seem to be a day one issue as the phone shows as sold back in 11/11/2019

The only way to get this analysed is via opening a support ticket using the reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

The phone was sold via WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LIMITED back in 11/11/2019 so it may just still be in warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 22 of 27
AllPoolBev
Occasional Advisor

We bought the phones in fall of 2020.

The dongle is OBiWiFi5G Dual Band 802.11ac

WiFi AP is Allpool_AP

Message 23 of 27
AllPoolBev
Occasional Advisor

WiFi AP is TP link  CPE510

Message 24 of 27
SteffenBaierUK

Hi @AllPoolBev 

what is it? TP link or Allpool?

How is the phone powered i.e. PoE via Network so you have access to the phone web interface prior to switching to WiFi or not?

Steffen

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 25 of 27
AllPoolBev
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen,

The name of the access point is Allpool and the device is TP link.

We are not able to access the phone web interface prior to switching to WiFi (I believe).

I do not understand any of this very well.  The phone is plugged into an outlet.  The dongle is used to connect to WiFi.  We first ordered one phone and dongle and everything worked fine.  So we ordered 4 more phones exactly the same from the same vendor.  We ordered 4 more of the same dongle but from a different seller.  Therefore, I have returned the 4 additional dongles today and reordered them from the original vendor, hoping the dongle is the problem.  However, the original dongle does not work in any of the additional phones...so if there is something I need to do to the phones or if they are bad, I need to know how I figure that out.

Thank you.

Message 26 of 27
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @AllPoolBev 

I suggest you work with WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LIMITED  as they sold the phone originally and they will be able to work with you and us on this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 27 of 27