Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am trying to configure a soft key button for speed dial an extension on soundpoint IP 550 firmware 4.0.4. I am using the below mentioned config in .cfg file.

<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
softkey.1.action="7203$Tinvite$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label="Dan"
softkey.1.use.idle="1"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

I can see the button names Dan on the screen but after pressing it does nothing. I have also tried with softkey.1.action="7203$Cnewcall$" and softkey.1.action="7203" but results are same. Kindly help me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello muyousif,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Firstly UCS 4.0.4 is not the latest Software so I advise you to use UCS 4.0.6

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above has various examples that will help you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I prepared the config by getting idea from the link you mentioned in the post. But still it is not working. So I need to know what am I missing ? Is my configuration is wrong or it missing something important ?

HP Recommended

Hello muyousif,

I just tested the example configuration and after a reboot of the phone , as I imported the configuration via the Web Interface, the EFK works as expected.

I added a troubleshooting EFK section to the above FAQ post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.