Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

I have a brand new Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 conference phone which is registered to Cisco Call Manager 11.x version but the problem is when dialing out from Polycom phone to Cisco phone or vice versa (Cisco to Polycom) it is ringing but as soon as I answer the call it is getting disconnected with a fast busy tone.

I have no idea what is causing this problem, please help me fixing this issue.

For your information there is only one Polycom phone and rest are all Cisco. Calling among Cisco phones is absolutely fine.

Thank you in advance

Syed

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Syed,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

I do not believe we have tested this version of Cisco CUCM but our official document:

Jul 17, 2014 Question:Can I deploy Polycom® SoundStation® IP Conference Phones with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Should get you started.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier,

Sorry for the very late response but I really need your help on this.

I am still facing the above problem.

See the phone details below.

Phone Mode: Polycon RealPresence Trio 8800

Serial no: 0004F2FF141B

Label: SIP

Version: 5.4.1.17597

Components Version: 8.0.5.1016

Phone is registered to Cisco Call Manager version 10.x over wireless but the same is not able to register over LAN.

As this issue persist from very long time now and I must fix it, please help me fixing this issue or let me know whom should I be getting in touch with.

Let me know if you need any other info with respect to the issue.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @SyedM,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Your original post talks about Cisco CUCM 11.0 and not being able to make a call.

Your new post talks about being unable to register a Polcyom Trio with a wired connection to a CUCM 10.0 but being able to register via wireless.

Did you follow up the FAQ's and provide the community with some logs?

What is your actual issue and did you fix your original issue and now have a new one?

Have you tried to upgrade the Trio in question to a currently supported Software Version like UC Software 5.5.3?

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt response.

Your original post talks about Cisco CUCM 11.0 and not being able to make a call. Yes, but the Cisco CUCM version is 10.x not 11.x.

Your new post talks about being unable to register a Polcyom Trio with a wired connection to a CUCM 10.0 but being able to register via wireless.

Yes, Polycom is not registering with wired, but getting registered with wireless connection. It is unable to establish any calls, meaning it can dial out to any number and reachable at the configured extension (ringing only) but getting disconnected immediately when answers the call.

Did you follow up the FAQ's and provide the community with some logs? No, not yet. Do you meaning wireshark logs?

What is your actual issue and did you fix your original issue and now have a new one?

Actual issue is described above and I was not able to fix the original issue yet.

Have you tried to upgrade the Trio in question to a currently supported Software Version like UC Software 5.5.3?

No, may I know where do I get or download the supported software version in question from, and procedure to upgrade the same.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

Will you be able to help me finding my Polycom reseller with its serial number (0004F2FF141B)?

HP Recommended

Hello @SyedM,

You purchased this Trio from WESTCON MIDDLE EAST LTD back in 16/08/2016

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
Hi Syed,
I am looking for a solution to this same problem. I have same call manager version. Same device with same firmware set.
Our Phone is having same trouble. Calls are getting disconnected as soon as external callers trying to pickup call.

This is very urgent if you have found solution, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition other details allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

If this is an urgent issue please work with your Polycom reseller to get this into support.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.