Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Unable to get a dial tone.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Unable to get a dial tone.

When we try to dial a number ”outside” our company from the Polycon device there is no dial tone, it is only a kind of single long tone coming from the Polycom device. There is no problem when we dialing TO the Polycom. What is the problem? How do I correct this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Unable to get a dial tone.

Hello Tomas,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A very good starting point is the information what kind of Polycom this is. Is it a analog phone or one of our IP based phones.

• If its an analog Phone then the section you have posted is incorrect and I would move it to the right section and then reply

• If its an IP Phone then it would be good to know if this is a normal SIP server or LYNC

IP based phones usually generate their own Dial Tone and can also generate their call progress tones once you dialed a number.

The SIP server itself can also provide a phone with a call progress tone.

As you can see we simply need more details before anybody can attempt to provide some insight or recommendation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi, sorry I forget to note that I am talking about the Polycom CX5000. 

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Tomas,

in this case it is most likely the signaling between LYNC and the Gateway.

You could run a trace on the LYNC server and then check the signaling.

• If the LYNC server sends a 180 to the phone it should create its own call progress tone.

• If the LYNC server sends a 183 to the phone it should receive a call progress tone from either the server or the gateway.

To troubleshoot this I recommend to check with the Microsoft community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi, thank´s for your answer but we do not use a Lync server since we are connected to a Office 365 solution. 

// Tomas

Message 5 of 5