Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Unable to oad time from public time server

KS
Occasional Advisor

Unable to oad time from public time server

Hi Team,

Currently I am facing an issue where I my Polycom phone is unable to sync up with the public SNTP time server. From my boot log, I am getting the error mesage:

000635.750|app1 |4|01|Could not load time from my.pool.ntp.org (0.0.0.0).
000635.750|app1 |3|01|DHCP returned result 0x0 from server 0.0.0.0.
000635.750|app1 |3|01| DHCP server gave no parameters! Using flash.

Please advise on what can i do to troubleshoot this issue. For your information I am using:

Phone model: Polycom SIP331

Firmware ver: 3.0.2.0024

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Unable to load time from public time server

Hello KS,

If you are really running a SIP 3.0.2 Software on your phone you should seriously consider upgrading this.

For your time issue it seems the phone cannot resolve the NTP servers DNS entry or else.

The FAQ holds this post here:

Jan 28, 2013 QuestionTime and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2