Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All

Im trying to register our IP5000 with Lync 2010

I have upgraded to V4 and have the new UI etc. Our internal root CA has been converted from cer to pem then added manually to the "all lync in one config"

When i check the TLS section the CA is in the applicaiton not platform where i would expect it to be

The user fails to register

I assume its something to do with the cert and the below error: 0209192032|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)

Log output below (with username removed)

0209191636|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)
0209191636|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)
0209191745|app1 |*|03|Ctx [0] Registered [false]
0209191745|sip  |*|03|SipUserRemove 0
0209191746|sip  |4|03|Registration failed User: , Error Code:480 Temporarily not available
0209191750|sip  |*|03|User removed
0209191756|copy |4|03|Configuration of URL failed
0209191756|cfg  |4|03|Prov|Uploading phoneWeb.cfg failed
0209191823|sip  |4|03|SSL_get_error Error code=5
0209191823|sip  |4|03|TLS Listen Thread Exit
0209192027|tls  |4|03|Profile for application 3 changed from 2 to 0
0209192027|pps  |4|03|sipTlsProfileCb is invoked with cause 7
0209192027|sip  |*|03|sipClearAllSockets
0209192032|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)
0209192032|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)
0209192037|copy |4|03|Configuration of URL failed
0209192037|copy |4|03|Configuration of URL failed
0209192037|log  |4|03|UtilLogC::uploadFifoLog: upload error. protocol 0 result = 8
0209192037|cfg  |4|03|Prov|Uploading phoneWeb.cfg failed
0209192110|tls  |4|03|Profile for application 3 changed from 0 to 2
0209192113|pps  |4|03|sipTlsProfileCb is invoked with cause 7
0209192113|sip  |*|03|sipClearAllSockets
0209192114|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)
0209192114|cfg  |4|03|Web||ParamParser|Parameter identifier is out of range: "14791"(14791)

Any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I have just this moment managed to resolve the issue

It looks like a bug with the import and 4.0

I upgraded to 4.1.0b and now the import of the cert works without issue

Change the authentication user details and the phone is successfully registered to lync

Thanks for your help and hope this helps someone in the future

Lee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Dzendrow,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UCS 4 does not specify if you are using UCS 4.0.x or 4.1.0.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC Features added in UCS 4.0.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Within this post is a Link to the LYNC deployment guide.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi Version details below UC Software Version 4.0.3.7562 BootROM Software Version 5.0.3.1667
HP Recommended

Attached is a screen cap of my cfg file

The cert has been imported and the sec.TLS.customCaCert.1 has been set to PlatformProfile1

When the cfg is imported the cert appears under application now platform

Lee

HP Recommended

Hi,

does it look like shown in this document => here <= on page 7?

Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

yes the cert is in th correct format and imports but when I check the tls page on the phone the cert is in the application section 

lee

HP Recommended

HelloDzendrow,

please work with your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I have just this moment managed to resolve the issue

It looks like a bug with the import and 4.0

I upgraded to 4.1.0b and now the import of the cert works without issue

Change the authentication user details and the phone is successfully registered to lync

Thanks for your help and hope this helps someone in the future

Lee

HP Recommended

Hello Lee,

before I confirm any bug I would need to see your configuration. This is outside the scope of the community and would require a Polycom support case.

UCS 4.1.0 introduced the ability to receive & provision the certificate via Option 43 just like our CX phones.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Lee,

just a follow up:

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.