Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure a custom background image using the web interface on my VVX401 phone.   The image files are available on my internal webserver, and I am specifying the url as follows:

http://192.168.168.7:8080/VVW401BackGround.png.  

When I try to choose this image in the web config utility,  (Add Background --> Enter URL), I set the "Phone Image"  field value to the url I pasted above,  I see a popup window that says "Configuration updated.", then, I see another popup "Phone image "VVW401BackGround.png" is not available.    

The url above works from a browser and I can display that image in the browser.   That same image file also works if I bring it into the phone directly using the "Select a file from PC/Desktop"  option.

If I look at the diagnostics log immediately after, the following entries have been added:

1201101417|cfg |4|00|Prov|Could not download file <MAC ADDR>-web.cfg   (I've obscured my MAC)
1201101417|cfg |4|00|Prov|Uploading phoneWeb.cfg failed
1201101417|cfg |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed

It does appear that the background image has been added, but If I click on the new Background Images item,  I get the error message "Phone image "VVW401BackGround.png" is not available."   In the diagnostics log, I also see:

01101552|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file http://192.168.168.7:8080/VVW401BackGround.png, errno 0x2.
1201101552|app1 |4|00|Background retrieve failed: (http://192.168.168.7:8080/VVW401BackGround.png): File find error.

The software version on my VVX401 is :  5.4.4.3041

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks -- Jeff Gaiche

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.   My issue ended up being a firewall issue blocking access to the files hosted on my web server.   I thought that this was probably somethiing pretty simple, but I didn't think about that.

Thanks again -- Jeff Gaiche

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff Gaiche,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Maybe your Phone is in a different VLAN and cannot reach this server ?

In addition did you check here:

Feb 2, 2012 Question: How can I change the factory provide screen background JPG's?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.   My issue ended up being a firewall issue blocking access to the files hosted on my web server.   I thought that this was probably somethiing pretty simple, but I didn't think about that.

Thanks again -- Jeff Gaiche

HP Recommended

How do I change the firewall settings on this?

Is it on the phone or network, could you advise how to solve the issue with the image url?

HP Recommended

Hello @tobyburn 

this is not a phone issue. Something in the network would prevent this and you would need some help from someone looking after the network.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.