Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Unable to set Custom background image on VVX 600 with Web Interface and url

SOLVED
jgaiche
Occasional Visitor

Unable to set Custom background image on VVX 600 with Web Interface and url

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to configure a custom background image using the web interface on my VVX401 phone.   The image files are available on my internal webserver, and I am specifying the url as follows:

http://192.168.168.7:8080/VVW401BackGround.png.  

When I try to choose this image in the web config utility,  (Add Background --> Enter URL), I set the "Phone Image"  field value to the url I pasted above,  I see a popup window that says "Configuration updated.", then, I see another popup "Phone image "VVW401BackGround.png" is not available.    

The url above works from a browser and I can display that image in the browser.   That same image file also works if I bring it into the phone directly using the "Select a file from PC/Desktop"  option.

If I look at the diagnostics log immediately after, the following entries have been added:

1201101417|cfg |4|00|Prov|Could not download file <MAC ADDR>-web.cfg   (I've obscured my MAC)
1201101417|cfg |4|00|Prov|Uploading phoneWeb.cfg failed
1201101417|cfg |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed

It does appear that the background image has been added, but If I click on the new Background Images item,  I get the error message "Phone image "VVW401BackGround.png" is not available."   In the diagnostics log, I also see:

01101552|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file http://192.168.168.7:8080/VVW401BackGround.png, errno 0x2.
1201101552|app1 |4|00|Background retrieve failed: (http://192.168.168.7:8080/VVW401BackGround.png): File find error.

The software version on my VVX401 is :  5.4.4.3041

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks -- Jeff Gaiche

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jgaiche
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unable to set Custom background image on VVX 600 with Web Interface and url

Thanks for your reply.   My issue ended up being a firewall issue blocking access to the files hosted on my web server.   I thought that this was probably somethiing pretty simple, but I didn't think about that.

Thanks again -- Jeff Gaiche

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Jeff Gaiche,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Maybe your Phone is in a different VLAN and cannot reach this server ?

In addition did you check here:

Feb 2, 2012 Question: How can I change the factory provide screen background JPG's?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
jgaiche
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply.   My issue ended up being a firewall issue blocking access to the files hosted on my web server.   I thought that this was probably somethiing pretty simple, but I didn't think about that.

Thanks again -- Jeff Gaiche

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3