Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my SoundStation IP 5000's software to version 4.0.14.1580 so that I can use it with Zoom. The problem is that When I go to Utilities> Software Upgrade then select the Polycom Hosted Server and click Check for Updates the webpage freezes and I get the message "(phone IP address) is not responding due to a long running script" The webpage will eventually refresh to the home page of the Polycom device or simply crash. I've tried this with two different SoundStation IP 5000's and a SoundStation IP 7000 with the same results.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix this because I am completely stumped?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Zane C ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be interesting to know the current software you are trying to upgrade from.

Also, there is some logging described here that may provide insight:

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Poly hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade/downgrade?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

If all fails please follow:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So I'm currently running version 4.1.1.0260. I Have turned my firewall off and updated the Module Log Level Limits to match those in the question from May 11, 2018 with no change. The weird thing is that it never gets to the failed to fetch available software window, instead the page just crashes. I have tired this on a Windows machine and a Mac with the same result. I should have specified that the error message I get about the long running script is not from the webpage but from my browser. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Zane C ,

I assume this is a firewall issue on the network. You can follow up the local provisioning server variant instead.

If you are unable to do this and/or no other volunteer replies the next step would be working with your reseller to raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I don't think it is a firewall problem on the network. I do not have the firewall turned on on any of the computers I have used and I have tried it on two different networks. I have the option to use a custom server, do you think you can provide me with address to download the firmware update? On a desktop I know the download is found at: https://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc/Polycom-UC-Software-4.0.14-rts26-G-release-sig-combined.... but that doesn't work, I'm assuming because the phone does not know what to do with a .zip file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.